I’ve been using another chat program but keep running into problems with server load. So, I’ve been giving this chat a test on a private page on the Writing Groove website. It is set up to allow only those who are logged in to see and participate in chat. So far so good.
However, there are a few features that I would love to see, and would pay to have if the server load isn’t increased. Keeping this lightweight is really important for chats that regularly have more than 5 chatters at a time.
- Ability for users to choose to have, or not to have, a sound alert for new chat messages. This could be a simple checkbox. This one is really important. Right now there is no way for a user to disable it. It’s either on all the time, or off all the time.
- Integrate with Buddypress so that username link automatically points to user profile.
Not absolutely necessary, but my users like:
- Ability to change their chatting color.
- Ability to change font (this is less so. The idea is to be able to see at a glance who is chatting. Color alone can do this).
A side window with icons, and possibly the names, of the current chatters. This makes it easy to see who is currently active and available for chatting. Along with this, if a user closes the window, have the chat notice it and have the user icon and name drop off the list.
Are any of these possible?
- The topic ‘Possible Future Features?’ is closed to new replies.