Support » Plugins and Hacks » Slim Stat Analytics » [Plugin: WP SlimStat] problem after update to slimstat 2.8

  • Resolved Yannis2810

    (@yannis2810)


    Hi,
    I have just upgraded to the latest SlimStat, but now I get this error:
    Call to undefined function wp_get_current_user() in /home/anekdota/public_html/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 1187

    I could not do anything as an Admin, so I had to rename the slimstat folder in order to disable it.

    What should I do?

    Yannis

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-slimstat/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • I got the same problem.

    I know 100% sure it is caused by SlimStat, because when I FTP to my WP folder/plugins and rename wp-slimstat folder the problem is gone.

    So for now emergency to get back to the admin and your members can login, just rename the wp-slimstat folder in the wp-includes/plugins folder.
    This just means that you will not have the Slimstats plugin, but your blog will be 100% functional

    Guess Dino/Camu has some work ahead

    Plugin Author Jason Crouse

    (@coolmann)


    What version of WordPress are you guys using?

    Plugin Author Jason Crouse

    (@coolmann)


    Can you try to edit wp-slimstat-dashboard.php, look for ‘plugins-loaded’ (at the very end of the file) and replace it with ‘init’? Then reactivate your plugins and see what happens. The bug, by the way, is caused by the Dashboard Widgets plugin, not Wp SlimStat. You should be able to activate the latter without any problems.

    Camu

    Hi Camu,

    The change to init did not work, same problem.
    I use the lastest WP 3.3.1
    and I do nothing with the widget dashboard plugin, unless it is activated automaticcally together with Slimstat. But I do not use that option from the dashboard

    Plugin Author Jason Crouse

    (@coolmann)


    That’s weird. By the time ‘init’ is called, according to the official WordPress documentation, the user should have been initialized, and that error should not occur anymore. It’s also weird that it occurs with WP SlimStat, whose function that calls current_user_can, is initialized way after the user has been set.

    Would it be possible for me to take a look at the issue (admin access)? I’m not able to replicate it on my test environment, so I suspect it could be because of a conflict with some other plugin, that is delaying the initialization of the user.

    Contact me at

    la buca delle lettere

    Thanks,
    Camu

    Happened to me too, I don’t know if this link could help: http://www.powers1.net/call-undefined-function-wpgetcurrentuser.
    Btw, the running plugins:

    • Add From Server: 3.2.0.2
    • Add Logo to Admin: 1.5
    • Adminimize: 1.7.26
    • Akismet: 2.5.5
    • All in One SEO Pack: 1.6.13.8
    • Auto Thickbox: 2.0.3
    • AVH First Defense Against Spam: 3.3.1
    • Bad Behavior: 2.2.2
    • Breadcrumb NavXT: 4.0.2
    • Contact Form 7: 3.1.1
    • Contact Form 7 reCAPTCHA extension: 0.0.12
    • Google Maps v3 Shortcode: 1.2.1
    • Google XML Sitemaps: 3.2.6
    • iframe: 2.2
    • Issuu Embed: 1.0
    • List Pages Shortcode: 1.3
    • Maintenance Mode: 5.4
    • MediaElement.js – HTML5 Audio and Video: 2.7.0
    • NextGEN Gallery: 1.9.3
    • PS Auto Sitemap: 1.1.5
    • Really Simple CAPTCHA: 1.5
    • Redirection: 2.2.10
    • RSS Importer: 0.2
    • SABRE: 1.2.0
    • Sidebar Login: 2.3.4
    • Simple Tags: 2.2
    • SoundCloud Shortcode: 2.0
    • TinyMCE Advanced: 3.4.5.1
    • User Role Editor: 3.5.3
    • WordPress Database Backup: 2.2.3
    • WordPress Download Monitor: 3.3.5.4
    • WordPress Firewall 2: 1.3
    • WordPress Importer: 0.5.2
    • WordPress Video Plugin: 0.756
    • WP-Piwik: 0.9.1
    • WP-reCAPTCHA: 3.1.6
    • WP Minify: 1.1.8
    • WP OpenSearch: 1.0
    • WP Security Scan: 3.0.9
    • WP SlimStat: 2.8 (**disabled**)
    • WP SlimStat Dashboard Widgets: 2.8 (**disabled**)
    • WP Super Cache: 1.0
    Plugin Author Jason Crouse

    (@coolmann)


    Hi Lelebert,

    not sure which one could be causing the problem (it may not even be a conflict). What is weird is that my test environment is based on a standard WordPress 3.3.1 installation, with no other plugins, and I don’t get the error message.

    Were you using WP SlimStat Dashboard?

    Thanks,
    Camu

    Hi Camu!

    No, I wasn’t using any dashboard report at all.

    Hi,
    I am using WordPress 3.3.1 with theme WooCanvas.
    I disabled all plugins and tried to re-activate Slim Stats but I got the same error again.
    Finally, I uninstalled Slim Stats because there was nothing else to try.

    Yannis

    If I look at lelebert’s plugin list, we share 3 plugins in common.

    Akismet: 2.5.5
    All in One SEO Pack: 1.6.13.8
    Sidebar Login: 2.2.15

    WP SlimStat: 2.8 (**disabled**)
    WP SlimStat Dashboard Widgets: 2.8 (**disabled**)

    Plugin Author Jason Crouse

    (@coolmann)


    Okay, I was finally able to reproduce the issue. It occurs if you have restricted access to the admin panels to some specific users. I’m working on it 😉 Thank you for pointing this out. A fix will be available asap.

    Camu

    Plugin Author Jason Crouse

    (@coolmann)


    I’m happy to report that the bug has been fixed. If you guys want to test the new version and see if it solves the problem, contact me at

    la buca delle lettere

    and I’ll send you the file.

    Cheers,
    Camu

    OK, sent you an email

    Plugin Author Jason Crouse

    (@coolmann)


    Sent you the new files, let us know 😉

    OK, people I tested the new files Camu sent me and it looks like the problem is solved

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: WP SlimStat] problem after update to slimstat 2.8’ is closed to new replies.