To the editor: two questions:
a. Is there a way to use this plugin to rate Custom Post Types?
For example, let’s say we have two different custom post types for Books and Authors. We also have regular posts. Can we enable the visitors to rate all these posts, books, and authors?
b. Does it support BuddyPress? Can the site show the ratings in the activity page?
To the member 🙂
a. Rating-Widget is fully customizable widget. Currently, the our WordPress plugin supports Blog Posts, Front Page Posts, Comments and Pages. To make it work for Custom Post Types, it requires some minor code changes. You may connect me using firstname.lastname@example.org and specify more details. If we’ll see that there is a demand for that, we may generalize the plug-in.
b. Currently we are not supporting BuddyPress, but we are working on it 🙂
As I promised, we are now support BuddyPress – there are customized ratings on the activity page 😉 You are more than welcome to download the latest plugin release.
Thank you so much. I tested it today. It works well on BuddyPress. The only problem I had was the translation. I tried to add Persian to the list of the languages but I could not do it. I added “fa.php” and also added Persian to the list of languages in “dir.php”. Then I chose Persian from the list of the languages in the admin but the plugin does not save it. Is there any fix for that?
No problem, we are here to satisfy our users!
About the translation – it doesn’t work like that.
1. In order to add custom translation (one that isn’t included by us), you need to open the “Advanced Options”, click on the “Text” tab, and then explicitly type the translations (you’ll need to do it for all rating’s types – Posts/Comments/Pages…).
2. If you wish to help (we’ll be great full) so the translation will become available for everyone (after some approval), please go to http://rating-widget.com/help-translate/ and fill the Persian translation.
P.S. You are more than welcome to join our facebook page & twitter page to stay most updated:
I submitted the translation a few minutes ago. I hope it appears in the next update.
One issue: The plugin does not use the regular translation process for files in WP (“.po” and “.mo” files). So it cannot be used in the bilingual or multilingual websites because the language of the plugin cannot be changed when the language of the site changes. It is not a big issue for most of websites but if you can switch to regular way of translating files in WP I think it would be better.
Yes, it’s correct. It somewhere in our TODO list, but there are a lot of other important stuff and features that we must accomplish first.
The translation file does not work.
Would you test it with Codestyling Localization plugin?
As I said before –
In order to add custom translation (one that isn’t included by us), you need to open the “Advanced Options”, click on the “Text” tab, and then explicitly type the translations (you’ll need to do it for all rating’s types – Posts/Comments/Pages…).
I do that. But certain things like the word “Votes”, “Posts”, and “Comments” in the widget do not get translated. They stay in English.
You are correct, currently the sidebar widget isn’t localized. I’m apologize for that – localizing the widget is on our’s TODO list.
Thanks! This is a great plugin. The best rating plugin and definitely the only BuddyPress plugin with all these features.
After the latest update (1.2.2) I have two problems:
1. I cannot see the rating on activity page.
2. The rating shows both under the excerpt and the main post. I need to hide it under the excerpt.
Also I had a problem before that still is there: Under Advanced Setting I check RTL and try to change the layout to “BottomRight” but the plugin does not save it.
1. Please send me a link to the activity page where it happens.
2. To remove it from the excerpt, just search the plugin file for
add_action('the_excerpt', array(&$this, "rw_display_post_rating"));
just comment it.
3. For which element you are trying to change the settings: Post/Page/Comment/Activity-Update/Activity-Comment?
- The topic ‘[Plugin: Rating-Widget] Rating and Custom Post Types’ is closed to new replies.