Support » Plugin: Google XML Sitemaps » [Plugin: Google XML Sitemaps] Goggle red X

  • aldabergr

    (@aldabergr)


    Stopped using the plug-in since the created sitemap file doesn’t work with google. When I generate one with another service and uploads it everything is fine, so either the plugin isn’t working or it’s to complicated to make it work.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • webjunk

    (@webjunk)

    The plugin works. “Thousands of users can’t be wrong” but it would help if you post info. If we could see the sitemap as a start.

    aldabergr

    (@aldabergr)

    Well, whadday know, suddenly it worked… The only change I made, except re-installing a few times, was to remove another plug-in which has caused problems with the theme: Simple Facebook Connect.

    Thanks

    webjunk

    (@webjunk)

    Conflicts between plugins is fairly common. But Google XML Sitemaps is one of the most reliable. Glad it is working for you.

    I am getting the red error icon, too.
    Last week everything was working fine. Now I am getting the “URL not allowed” error for every URL in the sitemap. The strange thing about that is, that this only applies to the normal version aka sitemap.xml … the one that is archived in the sitemap.xml.gz got accepted by Google and gets the green check icon. I compared both to each other and couldn’t notice/spot any differences – both are in the same location. So I am at a loss…

    This is the sitemap.xml:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="http://example.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/sitemap.xsl"?><!-- generator="wordpress/3.0.1" -->
    <!-- sitemap-generator-url="http://www.arnebrachhold.de" sitemap-generator-version="3.2.4" -->
    <!-- generated-on="November 23, 2010 01:08" -->
    <urlset xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9 http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9/sitemap.xsd" xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">	<url>
    		<loc>http://example.com/</loc>
    		<lastmod>2010-11-11T22:40:24+00:00</lastmod>
    		<changefreq>daily</changefreq>
    		<priority>1.0</priority>
    	</url>
    	<url>
    		<loc>http://example.com/some-stuff/</loc>
    		<lastmod>2010-11-23T00:28:19+00:00</lastmod>
    		<changefreq>monthly</changefreq>
    		<priority>0.2</priority>
    	</url>
    	<url>
    		<loc>http://example.com/more-stuff/</loc>
    		<lastmod>2010-11-23T00:02:20+00:00</lastmod>
    		<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>
    		<priority>0.6</priority>
    	</url>
    	<url>
    		<loc>http://example.com/stuff/</loc>
    		<lastmod>2010-11-21T19:00:30+00:00</lastmod>
    		<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>
    		<priority>0.6</priority>
    	</url>
    	<url>
    		<loc>http://example.com/some-page/</loc>
    		<lastmod>2010-11-21T14:09:25+00:00</lastmod>
    		<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>
    		<priority>0.6</priority>
    	</url>
    	<url>
    		<loc>http://example.com/another-page/</loc>
    		<lastmod>2010-11-11T22:42:56+00:00</lastmod>
    		<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>
    		<priority>0.6</priority>
    	</url>
    </urlset>

    I still get the red X from time to time, but resending the sitemap (I only use .xml) fixes the problem. The setup works most of the time, but I always have to check just in case.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘[Plugin: Google XML Sitemaps] Goggle red X’ is closed to new replies.