[Resolved] [Plugin: DB Toolkit] Access DB conversion – Will this Work?
Hello, I installed the DB Toolkit and clicked around to see if I can use it for a Library Database I have on MS Access. I looked around the dbt program, clicked a few buttons, and did a few tests, and I cant get anything working (no doubt user error) BUT it does not look like it’s over my head. It does look like it will take more that a few clicks to see if it will fit my needs, I’m hoping you can help before I spend too much of my time with something I cant use.
This is what I have:
An access database with about 1200 entries, several tables, some radio buttons, and some small drop down lists. A website on a linux server http://jhcband.org/.
- MS Access – I know more than most and have a great understanding of databases
- WordPress – Getting the hang of it.
- I have a firm grasp of PHP but I’m still a bit of a novice
- I have been doing websites for over 10 years but since I’m self taught my programing vocabulary stinks.
- I’m a CSS Rock Star
What I need to do – get the music database on line so the conductor can search, plan etc. Have it available on smart phones when digging through files in the paper library. Have it protected so only members can search it and only the librarian (me) or website administrator (also me) can add charts to it. but outsiders can not see it.
- It has one field I badly planned and I have to convert from free text to a relationship/table I’d rather fix off line on Access.
- As I learn, program, tweak, and implement I’m also adding charts to the live Access Database. All on volunteer time!
Can this plug in handle that? Can I load some tables via import and others via XML and have them work together? Then later bag the XML for an imported CSV without too much brain damage? If so can I ftp the updated XML to the website and have the new charts show up with ease?
Thank You for your time,
- The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: DB Toolkit] Access DB conversion – Will this Work?’ is closed to new replies.