Support » Plugin: Password Protected » Plugin conflict

  • Hi guys

    I found that the Contact Form 7 forms had stopped submitting on some of our websites with the following error in the console:

    TypeError: data is null

    After investigating, I found that it was a conflict with the Password Protected plugin. This was with the current versions of both plugins – v5.0.2 for CF7 and v2.2.1 for Password Protected. Deactivating the Password Protected plugin allowed the forms to submit properly again.

    Note – even with the PP plugin activated, but not having the password protection turned on still stopped the forms submitting.

    I’m not sure which plugin will need updating to fix this, so I’ll put it on both support pages so everyone is aware and provide a link to the other thread.


    Edit – here’s the link to the CF7 support page:

    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  andywall9.
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I have found this issue too in my own testing.

    I also have the same result. Error in console
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘into’ of null
    at ajaxSuccess (scripts.js?ver=5.0.2:238)
    at Object.<anonymous> (scripts.js?ver=5.0.2:355)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at y (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)
    at XMLHttpRequest.c (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4)


    Deactivating password protect allows email to go through.

    Plugin Author Ben Huson


    Please try the recent 2.2.2 version

    If this still does not work, please try checking the Password Protected setting to allow REST access.

    Please let me know if this works (or not).



    Thanks Ben,

    Updating to 2.2.2 and using the ‘Allow REST API Access’ seemed to do the trick for me.

    FYI: without the ‘Allow REST API Access’ still got error in console, this time it was…

    /wp-json/contact-form-7/v1/contact-forms/43/feedback:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 (Unauthorized)


    This now appears to be working fine for me – here are the versions I’m now on:

    • Password Protected – 2.2.2
    • Contact Form 7 – 5.0.2
    • WordPress – 4.9.6

    I didn’t need to check the Allow REST API Access option, and have tested this both with Password Protection enabled and disabled.

    Thanks guys

    It turns out this isn’t resolved – the above for me was tested in Firefox, but we’ve just found that in Chrome we get the error stated by zigsp8: 401 (Unauthorized)

    This occurs when the Allow REST API Access option is not ticked – having the Password Protected Status as enabled or disabled makes no difference.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin conflict’ is closed to new replies.