Someone else had a similar issue and the only way that it seemed to work was to wrap the tabs in a div container with this class: clearfix
<div class="clearfix"> your tab content here </div>
Is this what you mean? It is not working:
You can see my site – just click on a tab.
<div class="clearfix"> [restabs text="More" tabcolor="#cca0e5" tabheadcolor="#BE2844" seltabcolor="#5a3966" seltabheadcolor="#ffffff" tabhovercolor="#E2C4FF"] [restab title="Lesson 1"] Content [/restabs] </div>
It appears that the page will work with the first tab (even with other tab plugins), but if another tab has more content, it breaks out and the page itself does not adjust to the new height.
How this works is a script that calculates the amount of content in both the sidebar column as well the main content column when the page “first” loads. Then a custom inline style that contains a fixed height in pixels is applied to both the sidebar and main content columns so they are equal height.
What is happening is that on the other tabs that have more content and needs more height to the page container, is stuck in this fixed height container that was first calculated when the page first loaded.
I have only two options:
(1) try to find an alternate way to create equal height columns that adjust to various content amounts within the same page.
(2) remove the theme
Long story short, there is definitely a very complex problem and I’m not sure how how long it will take me to fix this, but I will need to jump on this today and see what I can do.
Wow, thank you for the details. I Love the feel of this theme and all the user info you share right along with. Let me know please, when you have a update.
No worries…I hope to find a solution on this because I also like this theme, but when I came up with this design idea, I knew it was going to be very difficult.
For the most part, it appears that elements like accordion panels or tabs are not quite usable in this theme when there is a lot of content being exposed that needs to extend the page, but hope to find a solution to solve that.
I will be honest, I’m not sure how long it will take me, but I did find something from a Google search of a method I am going to try. The downside is that I may need to rebuild the theme to utilize what I found as a possible alternative.
Ah, but I will be happy to see it when it’s finished. You know, you could take a look at the files of a similar theme. I am using this one for now:
It might offer a suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion and link… that theme is quite different in how it’s done with mine, but it does have a similar method that I came across the other day. I tried this when I was first developing the theme but I ran into a problem. It almost worked but not quite. The one that I came recently found is similar but does have a slight difference. But as I realized today testing this out, it means I have to rebuild the theme from the ground up….a job that will take a couple weeks…unfortunately.
- The topic ‘Page Scroll with Content’ is closed to new replies.