NextGEN Gallery 2.0.22 (beta) Now Available
UPDATE: We’ve informally released 2.0.22 on September 13, 2013.
IMPORTANT: THIS IS A MILDLY TESTED BETA: This is a beta, which means we haven’t fully tested it. We know it fix certain issues, but it may introduce some others. You should only update to the beta version if you are comfortable manually updating and managing your site via FTP.
IMPORTANT: DON’T “UNINSTALL” NEXTGEN: As you update or rollback or change version, the one thing you do not want to do is click the “Uninstall” links to uninstall NextGEN. Uninstalling runs a process that removes all files, including all your galleries and images. You can deactivate, you can replace files, you can rename the NextGEN folder and upload new files. These are all safe and different from officially “Uninstalling” the plugin.
ISSUES WITH THE BETAS? If you have problems after updating to the latest beta, you can always roll back to an earlier version. Again, don’t uninstall. See our rollback guide: http://www.nextgen-gallery.com/how-to-rollback-a-version/ We would also appreciate if you would submit a bug report here: http://www.nextgen-gallery.com/report-bug/
UPDATING FROM BETAS TO FINAL RELEASE: We are numbering/versioning these betas so that if you install them, when we do finally push out a public release, you’ll be able to auto-update from your WordPress dashboard like normal.
WHAT’S FIXED? Here is a list of fixes included latest beta that are not in the latest public official release.
- NEW: WP-Cron job to periodically clean-up displayed gallery transients
- NEW: Added “excluded_container_ids” as parameter for ngg_images shortcode
- Fixed: Problem with transient cache not getting flushed properly from Other Options page
- Fixed: Lightbox effect is honored by all display types
- Fixed: Image date is no longer overwritten when an image is modified
- Fixed: Ensure that sub-albums display correctly when the word “album” is part of a slug
- Fixed: Ensure that sub-albums display correctly when numerical slugs are used
- Fixed: Related images heading only added when Related Images functionality is enabled
- Fixed: PHP Warning about undefined index when viewing basic albums
- Fixed: Fixed issue with displayed galleries using source=’tags’
- Fixed: AJAX handling is third-party compatible
- Fixed: Use correct gallery/transient ID when Ajax Pagination is used
We recommend that you do a FULL backup of your site, database and server files before installing the beta.
- The topic ‘NextGEN Gallery 2.0.22 (beta) Now Available’ is closed to new replies.