After searching the forums for days and waking up multiple times in the middle of the night with failed epiphanies, I can’t seem to figure out this relatively simple (I’m sure) issue with mapping my sub directory WordPress site with domain.
A little background info:
- I purchased two add-on domains from GoDaddy and added them to my Bluehost cPanel (youphoto.co & youphotography.co). You cant purchase .co via Bluehost
- Root domain is spunmediagroup.com (WP is installed here with multisite enabled)
- 3. Sub directory WP site is spunmediagroup.com/youphoto
- When I added the two add-on domains to Bluehost, it automatically created the following directories /youphoto/ & /youphotography/ off of my root directory (public_html & www)
- It also created the following A Records are under the root domain youphoto-co, http://www.youphoto-co, youphotography-co http://www.youphotography-co
I have installed the WP Domain Mapping plugin and added the following domains to my WP sub directory site (http://www.youphotography.co, http://youphotography-co.spunmediagroup.com, http://youphotography.co, http://spunmediagroup.com/youphoto)
Not sure if it matters in sub directory installation, but I have added a * to the A record for the root domain (spunmediagroup.com). I haven’t added anything to the CNAME or A records for any other domain b/c quite frankly, I’m not sure what to add or where to add it!
Right now I have a static html “Under construction” page dropped into the public_html/youphoto/ directory. If i change the name of that directory, I can view the wp subdirectory site. I understand that WP creates virtual folders and that by having those folders under the public_html directory, its probably overwriting the virtual folders. I haven’t deleted anything b/c I’m afraid of blowing up the internet (no not really, just not really sure what to do).
As elementary as it sounds, I want to type youphotography.co (or youphoto.co) into the address bar and view my wp sub directory site – without the URL changing to something funky like spunmediagroup.com/youphoto.
So my question is…What do I delete, What do I add, and where do I do it?
Thanks soo much in advance!
- The topic ‘Multisite Subdirectory domain mapping with Bluehost’ is closed to new replies.