multiple install problems
1. I’m not sure which WP version I’m using – which is best for a small business + Dell laptop w MS Vista?
2. MS Web looks good – should I use it to instal WP? Does MSW serve better as an adjunct or alternative to WP?
3. I had trouble downloading WP – I suspect many do – then found Microsoft allowed me to do it, with MySQL – also needed, apparently. WP didn’t instal fully (though MySQL did). Thoughts?
4. How do I unzip WP source code into folder where your website will be located?
5. Into which area of my PC should I upload WP? (I think with remote hosting one would direct instal to remote host.)
6. When asked by MS web platform installer, which should I choose, (a) create a new DB or (b) use an existing one?
7. Does this refer to using one’s own PC v. remote hosting? Which would you recommend and why?
8. Using MS WPI, have you any guidance on completing “database username, DB password, DB server and DB name”? Do I muddle through using data I used to set up my simple WP blog site?
- The topic ‘multiple install problems’ is closed to new replies.