WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » All-in-One Event Calendar » [Resolved] MAX CPU Usage

[Resolved] MAX CPU Usage

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • I am having the same problem. What version of AI1 are you using?

    I have no idea how to resolve this, and am thinking about changing plugins. Is that a good idea?

    I am having the same issue as well. I’m looking for another program, this plugin is maxing out my resource usage with my host and I have very low traffic on the site.

    We have Version 1.9.5 installed. We have put WP SuperCache on the site with no change on resource usage. I am still seeing 80-100% cpu usage constantly and am working continuously with the host to not shut down the site. The main feature of the site is promoting events. We only get about 75 visitors a day to the site so it is not a high-traffic site.

    I am having the same problem. I have had to deactivate the plugin because of this.

    Too bad, because I really like the features of All-in-One Event Calendar.

    I’m having this problem too.

    Same issue here too…
    I think it may have to do with one of the cron jobs that AI1 has injected into wp_cron.
    ai1ec_cron [] 2013/04/10 17:27:08 (21 hours 22 minutes) 86400 (1 day)

    There is some info on the Time.ly website.
    http://help.time.ly/customer/portal/questions/785582-robots-attacking-calendar-non-stop

    The relevant info is:

    the canonical url’s being applied by your SEO plugin should fix the problem. This bit of code in your head:
    <link rel=”canonical” href=”http://misportonline.com/calendar/”>

    is supposed to tell google that anything with a URL based on that (ex. http://misportonline.com/calendar/action:agenda/) should not be indexed.

    Can everyone confirm that your SEO plugin is adding the link rel in your head? AND confirm that you are still getting the other pages (like /calendar/action:agenda/) indexed?

    2.0 will release with the canonical url link rel tag added if you are not running an SEO plugin. 2.0 is coming out at the beginning April. We are confirming that this will fix the problem for you.

    If anyone else has insights on this issue we would appreciate it!

    I haven’t tested this yet. If anyone tries it, please let me know if it works or not.

    Thanks!

    I have not had major issues with server load in the past, although All-in-One Event Calendar is slow and does use a lot of server resources.

    The latest version is hopeless I will have to take the site down as it (All-in-One Event Calendar) is killing the calendar site and other sites on the same server.

    Same problem here. I have two sites using All-In-One Event Calendar and they taking down the server with CPU usage and out-of-memory errors

    I’ll take a look at the spider usage pattern as well, I hadn’t thought of that.

    It’s even worse with the Hostgator VPS, because when the max memory is allocated, the system just kills the Apache process, killing _all_ sites on the server.

    Can we expect a resolution to the resource issues soon?

    I have support tickets raised with Timely regarding this and other issues. I received a response that did not in any way answer my issue, in fact I do not think the ticket was even read. I have now raised another support ticket.

    Regarding a possible spider usage issue, I do not think this is the problem I have as the site was working OK then went very slow as soon as I updated. I think this is another example of poor programming by Timely and rushing out updates before they are tested.

    I’m having the same problem.

    Has anyone tried the previous suggestion with success…

    the canonical url’s being applied by your SEO plugin should fix the problem. This bit of code in your head:
    <link rel=”canonical” href=”http://misportonline.com/calendar/”>

    is supposed to tell google that anything with a URL based on that (ex. http://misportonline.com/calendar/action:agenda/) should not be indexed.

    Yes, tried that, and it helps a little in that fewer pages are being indexed by search engines (is that really a good thing?!), so fewer requests to the server.

    The underlying problem, however, isn’t the number of pages being indexed (“good” bots like google generally are pretty good about not pounding servers).

    The core problem is that with the most recent updates, each page is taking way too much memory and CPU to generate individually.

    Anyone savvy enough to make the plug-in not load on pages that aren’t calendar/event pages?

    I’m having the same problem too. CPU maxing out.
    Also inability of other plug-ins which help with improving page load speed to work with ai1ec.

    Hi,

    does the spike in cpu resources happen when the calendar is viewed and does this slow down the rendering of the calendar page?
    If so, in the file class-ai1ec-calendar-controller.php ( located in the folder app/controller ) replace the function

    public function get_view_args_for_view( Ai1ec_Abstract_Query $request ) {

    with content of this pastebin http://pastebin.com/xyUyB6Ng remembering to include

    private $cache_exact_date = array();
            private $cache_time_limit = array();

    before the function. This fixed an issue for a pro user which reported really slow loading times, but it has not been throughly tested yet, so keep a backup of the old function in case of problems

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] MAX CPU Usage’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar