Five noob questions (part 1)
Here is my blog which is currently in test mode:
I recently decided to go back to default theme and now I’m using Twenty Fourteen. So I have several questions regarding modifying it and fixing some issues:
1) I activated Disqus plugin, but now when I go inside a post I see that comment area is not looking compact, but it is spread across the the usable area. I wonder how can I make it smaller and fit it into that 641px section. Or maybe there is a better comment system? Actually I see that discuss slowly updates the number of comments. Maybe it’s just my slow hosting.
2) Where(what file and line) can I change color of “Continue reading”? I installed plugin Fourteen Colors 1.1, but it doesn’t allow to change color of “Continue reading” without changing all accent colors. Also it made my site title and tagline white and I can’t change that white color.
3) How can I completely remove all that oblique (diagonal) lines around images? I just need a solid color, because that lines look ugly. I tried to search it in Google, but only found couple patches which purpose I don’t understand.
4) How (what file and line) can I add a separator between posts even when both posts contain featured image? I need at list a tiny horizontal line to automatically separate all posts.
5) How can I switch the fonts? The problem is that in Firefox and in Chrome fonts look either sharp and ugly (Firefox) of way too smooth (Chrome). I prefer fonts (size and style) on Autoblog.com where in Firefox and Chrome fonts are the same and readable.
Thank you guys!
- The topic ‘Five noob questions (part 1)’ is closed to new replies.