WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » WP Accessibility » [Resolved] Error found while checking document as XHTML 1.0 Strict

[Resolved] Error found while checking document as XHTML 1.0 Strict

  • Hi,
    when I check site’s pages with W3C validator, the result is 1 error found in the plugin’s WP ACCESSIBILITY code.
    I found the error in the file “wp-accessibility/wp-accessibility.php”.
    The wrong code is:
    script>
    //<![CDATA[
    (function( $ ) { ‘use strict’;
    $skiplinks_js
    $targets
    $lang_js
    $tabindex
    $underlines
    }(jQuery));
    //]]>
    </script>”;

    and it must be so

    <script type=’text/javascript’>
    //<![CDATA[
    (function( $ ) { ‘use strict’;
    $skiplinks_js
    $targets
    $lang_js
    $tabindex
    $underlines
    }(jQuery));
    //]]>
    </script>”;

    I’m not an expert of PHP language and I hope that my english is understandable.
    Thanks and greetings.

    Luisa Bossi

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-accessibility/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sorry,
    my site’s URL is:
    http://www.scuolemarchirolo.gov.it/

    Plugin Author Joe Dolson

    @joedolson

    Yes, WP Accessibility is not written in XHTML. The output is written in HTML5.

    In a future version, I may make it effective for both, but it’s not something I’ve done yet.

    All italian teachers (and they are not so few), who take care of their own school’s site and use this plugin, thanks you.

    I think lbossi may be part of the same (large – transnational) network of teachers that I also belong to, and I think this may be related. When we try to validate the html of our websites we get an invalid markup error because <script> is not correctly written as <script type=’text/javascript’> except for one occurence. We usually just add it and re-upload wp-accessibility.php but it would be more convenient if we didn’t have to 🙂 Thanks for your attention!
    Claudia

    Plugin Author Joe Dolson

    @joedolson

    Yes, I understand the issue.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] Error found while checking document as XHTML 1.0 Strict’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar