Support » Plugin: WordPress Product Excel Import & Export for WooCommerce » Doesn’t work
we uploaded an updated version with some extra checks for the message you posted it here https://wordpress.org/support/topic/an-error-occurred-12/
Thank you, I’m very sorry to tell you that my problem was not solved. I get a red list of products imported/updated when importing an XLS file, but the products do not appear when looking at the products list from the WP admin dashboard.
@taz_bambu I’ve deleted your offer to login to your user’s site. I’m am 100% sure you mean well but please never ask for credentials on these forums.
Now for the why: The internet is a wonderful place full of very nice people and a few very bad ones. I’m sure everyone here is very nice however, by giving some ones keys to your house you are trusting they wont steal anything. Likewise the person who takes the keys is now responsible for the house FOREVER.
If something was to go wrong, then you the author may well legally become liable for damages, which they would not normally have been as their software is provided without warranty.
Please be aware that repeatedly asking for credentials will result in us escalating this to the plugins team.
It’s never necessary to do that. Here’s why.
There are many ways to get information you need and accessing the user’s site is not one of them. That’s going too far.
- Ask for a link to the http://pastebin.com/ log of the user’s web server error log.
- Ask the user to create and post a link to their
- Ask the user to install the Health Check plugin and get the data that way.
- Walk the user through enabling WP_DEBUG and how to log that output to a file and how to share that file.
- Walk the user through basic troubleshooting steps such and disabling all other plugins, clear their cache and cookies and try again.
- Ask the user for the step-by-step on how they can reproduce the problem.
You get the idea.
Volunteer support is not easy. But these forums need to a safe place for all users, experienced or new. Accessing their system that way is a short cut that will get you into real trouble in these forums.
- The topic ‘Doesn’t work’ is closed to new replies.