We have a custom theme using a custom page template containing a custom loop on a page called News & Events to display the 10 most recent blog posts. Our homepage (home.php) also displays the 3 most recent blog posts. Our Reading Settings are set to ‘Front Page Displays: Your latest posts’.
WP Super Cache works as expected on all Pages (automatically clearing the respective page cache when a change is made to the page) except on the News & Events page. When we create a new Post, the News & Events page cache isn’t automatically rebuilt. Instead, we continue to see a cached version of the News & Events page.
We’ve run into the exact same issue using W3 Total Cache and just can’t seem to figure out how to force the News & Events page cache to refresh when we create a new post. We suspect it has to do with our custom Loop, but aren’t sure how to go about either 1) fixing our custom loop or 2) forcing WP Super Cache to refresh the News & Events page when a new post is made. We want to avoid using the “Clear all cache files when a post or page is published or updated” option at all costs.
Our WP Super Cache settings are ‘checked’ as follows:
- Cache hits to this website for quick access
- Use mod_rewrite to serve cache files
- Compress pages so they’re served more quickly to visitors
- Cache rebuild. Serve a supercache file to anonymous users while a new file is being generated
- Extra homepage checks
- The topic ‘Custom Loop not refreshing with new Posts’ is closed to new replies.