[Resolved] Code inserting oddly on one page
Thanks for a great plugin. I’m having trouble with it on one of my pages though.
For some reason the rtsocial code seems to have merged with another line in the page. Can you tell me what triggers the rtsocial code so I can adjust the page so that the rtsocial code is inserted correctly?
You can see the issue here: http://involver.org.uk/resources/
View the source and search for ‘rtsocial’, you’ll see what I mean at the end of the line.
It works fine on all other pages. This page is generated by the download manager plugin. I imagine it’s something in the code of that plugin that is triggering rtsocial too early.
Are you using the latest version of the plugin? Because this is something that we had fixed a version or two ago.
If not, kindly update to 2.1.4. If the issue still persists, just let us know.
Thanks for your help.
I’ve just updated the plugin to 2.1.7 and the problem is still persisting.
So I turned off all caching, deleted the plugin and reinstalled. Unfortunately the issue is still there.
The linkedin share button uses a page summary (which is essentially, the page excerpt) within the query that goes to linked in. Normally, rtsocial filters this and strips out all html. In this case, for some reason, it’s unable to.
One of our developers is looking into whether we can get rid of the summary, altogether, without breaking the linked in share. If yes, we’ll remove it. It has been a cause of headaches, quite frequently. Otherwise, we might have to resort to an optional js load that can strip the html that escapes our plugin’s php.
This might take a while.
We’ve just fixed this with the 2.1.8 version. Kindly confirm if it works for you.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Code inserting oddly on one page’ is closed to new replies.