• colombiaproteinas

(@colombiaproteinas)

Hi there,

I downloaded this plugin several weeks ago in an effort to redesign Woocommerce Storefront a bit on my website at colombiaproteinas.com. When I clicked “Activate” I was presented with the following message:

Error 500
    The server encountered a syntax error, and could not complete your request.

Website owner? check your code, and your debug log, you may find a ‘parse’ error in there.

Visitor? Try and reload it in a few minutes.

I figured I would try again at a later date, and now that I am trying to redesign the website before commencing a major promotional effort I decided to try to Activate the plugin again. As of a few minutes ago I received the same error. I am using Woocommerce 2.6.14 hosted by Pressable. Any idea on what is wrong, or how I can correct it? I am not a programmer, but know enough about code to be dangerous. Thank you!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Mike Price

(@castroboy)

Hey there!

While I am not the plugin dev, I do work for Pressable. We would love to try and help you as well but we did not see a support ticket from you. It is definitely best to see if the plugin dev has any insight but we can help you check error logs to see if we can trace the error at least which can be helpful.

Here is how to send in a ticket: https://kb.pressable.com/faq/getting-support/

Thanks!

Mike Price
    Pressable Support

Thread Starter colombiaproteinas

(@colombiaproteinas)

Thanks for the quick reply! I just submitted the support ticket to Pressable to see if it is something you all can take care of on your end. It didn’t even dawn on me to ask Pressable if they could fix the error. Thanks for the guidance!

Plugin Author wooassist

(@wooassist)

Hi there,
    How is the issue going? Could you add the following to your site’s wp-config.php file?

define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true );

if ( WP_DEBUG ) {

@error_reporting( E_ALL );
    @ini_set( ‘log_errors’, true );
    @ini_set( ‘log_errors_max_len’, ‘0’ );

define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true );
    define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false );
    define( ‘CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS’, false );
    define( ‘SAVEQUERIES’, true );

}
    If your site’s wp-config.php file already includes a line that says define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, false );, you’ll need to remove it.

Once you’ve done so, try to install the plugin again by going to Plugins > Add New, and search for Jetpack. Then, once you get the 500 error, check the wp-content/debug.log file for errors, and paste the results here. You can then replace define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true); by define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false); in the code above.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Error code?’ is closed to new replies.