Support » Fixing WordPress » 3.6.1 update error

• Resolved purplenaartjie

I got the following error whilst updating to 3.6.1… Help!!!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_validate_redirect() in /home/fleursfl/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1305

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Krishna

Switch to Twenty Thirteen theme with all plugins deactivated and try again. Make sure that you have a recent backup of your site before updating.

I can’t change to 1213 or deactivate plugins. Neither can I get anywhere on the website. Whatever I do now I get the same error message. There is nothing I can do within the site or my dashboard.

Use FTP or your hosting cPanel to rename the plugins folder (add -HOLD to the folder name). Similarly, rename all themes except 2013 so that your site will open using that theme. You can login after that.

I have the same issue.

Theme: WooThemes Function

Antispam Bee
    Google Analytics for WordPress
    Gravity Forms
    InfiniteWP – Client
    Jetpack by
    jQuery Vertical Mega Menu
    The Events Calendar
    The Events Calendar PRO
    WooCommerce – Gravity Forms Product Add-Ons
    WooCommerce SagePay Form Gateway
    WooThemes Updater
    WordPress Importer
    WordPress SEO

Haven’t diagnosed cause yet but thought this list might help centralise discussion. Will update once a fix/cause is located.

plugin “WooCommerce – Gravity Forms Product Add-Ons” creates problem.

Any solutions?

Please start your own topic.

How-To and Troubleshooting

@shashank Mukherjee,
    Please start your own topic.

Thanks Krishna… I’ve restored from my backup and will wait and watch to see if the reported errors on 3.6.1 calm down a bit…

I updated to 3.6.1 the first day they released it. I”m on my site every day, as late as last night. Now, this morning I get a message that says an update is available: 3.6.1 and I need to update now. I already updated…how could this happen? Did some gremlins get into my site for something?

@shashank – confirmed this plugin is causing issues for us too – seems to be overriding a core function that’s now changed.

We’ve opened a WooThemes ticket.

@krishna: I don’t think it’s helpful to paste the same response to every thread that mentions this error. People are reporting this with a wide variety of setups even when nothing else has changed. My own take on this is that the error was introduced with:

Remi Corson

Automattic Happiness Engineer

version 2.4.6 of “Gravity Forms Product Add-Ons” has been released and is available from WooThemes clients account page. This new version fixes the issue with WordPress 3.6.1.

Amazing time response of WooCommerce team. Congratulations!

Yep that’s the one. Annoying that Woocommerce originally informed me therewas no problem yesterday. Wasted a hell of alot of my time on this…

I updated to 3.6.1 and can’t search my Media Library. I am trying to retrieve already-uploaded images from the library to insert into a new post.

The Search box does not respond when I type in a search term.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘3.6.1 update error’ is closed to new replies.