• Resolved lernerleben

    (@lernerleben)


    As administrator for a website, i keep getting locked out of my site. The login screen states that an authentication method is required but there is an error. When I deactivate WordFence via FTP I can log in. When I reactivate WordFence, and navigate to the login security page/tab, it shows that 2FA is not active but that the setting has made it required. I activate it again as usual, but the moment I navigate to another page and then navigate back, it shows as being inactive. If I log out and try to log in again, I get the same error as before.

    When I look in the WordFence settings for login security, it shows this account as being active, yet on the user profile page it is shown as being inactive.

    I have a number of websites, and only this one is causing problems. It worked fine before, the plugins have not changed (only been updated).

    • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by lernerleben.
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Thread Starter lernerleben

    (@lernerleben)

    Problem solved: I deleted WordFence focussing on only deleting the 2FA and login security data, leaving everything else, then reinstalled WordFence and then activated 2FA. It worked.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.