WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » WP125 » [Resolved] 2 columns become one column??

[Resolved] 2 columns become one column??

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • It’s because your sidebar is too narrow. If you make it wider the two columns will show.

Try changing line 1446 of your stylesheet which is:

.widget-area {
        float: right;
        width: 26.042%;
    }

to something like:

.widget-area {
        float: right;
        width: 31.042%;
    }

Unfortunately Twenty Twelve isn’t the easiest theme to modify, but hopefully this will work for you.

It works! Thank you so much, neononcon!

Having this same issue but with the Premium Pixels theme. Tried inserting the above code into the stylesheet, but there was no effect.

I found this:

#sidebar {
    float: left;
    width: 260px;
    text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(255,255,255,0.6);
    padding: 15px 0 0 0;
    }

And changed the width to 300, but it broke the sidebar and everything disappeared. Maybe I have to subtract 40px from the body? I would attempt but I know JUST enough to get myself into more trouble. Hence, why I am here. Help?

It didn’t work because your divs and classes are going to be called different things.

If you are using the Premium Pixel Theme I think you’re using, then you will also have to reduce the size of the content section or else there won’t be enough room for both.

You could try this:

#content-wrap {
        float: left;
        width: 680px;
    }

But I have no idea if it will work, nor do I know if it will screw other things up.

Hi there

Having this same issue but with the Tatami theme, URL = . Tried inserting the above code into the stylesheet, but there was no effect.

May I know how can I make it show two columns?

Thanks a lot, great help here!

Dominik

Hi there

Having this same issue but with the Tatami theme, URL = http://www.velofahrer.ch

Tried inserting the above code into the stylesheet, but there was no effect.

May I know how can I make it show two columns?

Thanks a lot, great help here!

Dominik

Same issue here I am using Genesis Framework…. http://www.stevespring.org

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] 2 columns become one column??’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar