Yelp Widget Pro allows you to easily display Yelp profiles for any business on your website or blog using an intuitive and easily configurable widget. Yelp Widget Pro users are able to display business names, ratings, review counts and profile images in any WordPress sidebar. Customize the widget to display one or many listings from Yelp based on location.
This widget supports for Yelp v2.0’s Search and Business API methods. Yelp Widget Pro allows for multiple widgets within the same or separate sidebars. No coding knowledge required.
Yelp Widget Pro is actively supported and developed. The open source version is available for free to the WordPress community. For additional options and priority support please consider upgrading to Yelp Widget Premium. If you like this plugin please rate it on WordPress.org.
Yelp Widget Pro Features (Free Version)
- Configurable Widget
- Display Yelp business profiles
- Yelp Business and Search API methods
- Easy setup and implementation
- WordPress.org support
- Option to Cache Data to Save API Requests
- Option to disable widget output title
- Option to disable plugin CSS
- Option to no-follow links for all the SEOs
- Option to display business address
- Option to display business phone
- Option to open links in new window
- Customizable profile image sizes
- Clean and easy-to-configure user interface
- Actively developed and supported
- Yelp API Key required*
Yelp Widget **PREMIUM** Features
- All of the above free features AND:
- The ability to display up to 3 reviews per business
- Shortcode enabled – display widget in your post content and templates
- Option to hide business information and only display reviews
- Invite your visitors to leave a kind review
- Option to view
- Searchable Google Maps
- No Yelp API Key required*
- Priority support and updates
The following video displays functionality from the Pro version of the plugin:
Yelp Widget Premium is a significant upgrade to Yelp Widget Pro that adds many features that will allow you to further customize your widgets with Google Maps, Yelp review snippets, additional graphics and display options plus so much more! Also included is priority support, auto updates, and well documented shortcode to display Yelp in any page or post.
Additional Business Reviews
Why limit your reviews to just Yelp Reviews? Check out our other free business reviews plugins to add to your site as well:
- Upload the
yelp-widget-profolder and it’s contents to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or install via the WP plugins panel in your WordPress admin dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it! You should now be able to access the Plugin’s options via your settings panel. You will need to enter your Yelp API information prior to using the plugin.
Note: If you have WordPress 2.7 or above you can simply go to ‘Plugins’ > ‘Add New’ in the WordPress admin and search for “Yelp Widget Pro” and install it from there.
- How do I upgrade to the Premium version?
You can update to the premium version of Yelp Widget Pro by clicking here. Once you upgrade you will be emailed a license key which will allow you to enable auto updates.
- I’ve purchased the Premium version. How do I use it?
First you should remove the free version of the plugin by deactivating and deleting the plugin. Don’t worry, none of your data will be lost. Next, download the premium version zip file from your WordImpress purchase history page or from the successful purchase email which includes your license key and download link. After that, goto the plugin settings and input your license key to activate.
- Why should I use this plugin?
Use this plugin if you have a website that would benefit in displaying search results for a Yelp search term. For example, a travel website selling reservations could display the top resorts for a given destination. A business website could also display their yelp business listing in their sidebar by using the Business ID search option
- How do I display only my business?
If you would like to display only your certain business then you must enter in your “Yelp Business ID” in the widget’s ID input. The ID of the business is the last part of the Yelp URL of its Yelp page. Ex:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/togos-sandwiches-san-diego-3, the id is
togos-sandwiches-san-diego-3. This is the only parameter you need to set to use this method.
- How do I disable the CSS
If you would like to theme the widget yourself you should disable the plugin’s CSS output. To do that please visit the options page (Settings > Yelp Widget Pro) and check the appropriate option.
- The plugin looks funny in my sidebar, what’s the deal?
Some themes may have very small sidebars and CSS styles that conflict or alter the styles within Yelp Widget Pro. To correct any styling errors you can either disable the plugin’s CSS all together or override the CSS selectors in use to make the widget appear how you’d like. CSS-related issues are not actively supported as there’s too many variations between the thousands of WordPress themes available.
I didn’t get very far with this plugin. When you install it, it asks for a Yelp API key, which I’m ok with. The link from settings to Yelp to create the API results in a 404 error. So I followed the link to the WordImpress site with instructions, and that explains how to create a Google Maps API key… which is not the same. The fields in the plugin ask for a Yelp API key, not google maps. I don’t even need a map. So I’m confused. Uninstall.
I had some conflicts between my theme and this plugin and I was ready to give up. After letting me know that I could get a refund if I wanted, I agreed to let them try a few things. They were able to work past the conflicts and get the plugin running smoothly.
Author denies that it implies anywhere that Pro displays reviews, but it says it right in the Widget description: Display Yelp business ratings and reviews on your Website.
Happy to provide a screencap. Very annoying.
I needed a quick and easy way to display the Yelp reviews for the business web site I am working on… This was the quick and easy answer. I had a couple issues but the support was on top of things and all is working perfectly now…
I like that it can direct to specific Yelp businesses. The only thing I don’t like too much is the graphic design, but it will have to do for now.
The developer, Devon Walker, and I duked it out over some issues with this plugin and in the end, users of WordPress are the winners.
Plugin says exactly what it does in a clear and concise manner.
Contributors & Developers
“Yelp Widget Pro” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix: Settings pages not saving properly
- Housekeeping: General code improvement, clean up, and organizations
- Updated text in activation banner to reflect free version of plugin better
- Minor typo fixes and text updates
- Added Activation Banner
- Updated Readme.txt
- Fully I18n (internationalize) ready.
- Update: Renamed “Yelp Widget Pro Premium” to just “Yelp Widget Premium” – It makes more sense and sounds better
- Update: CSS update for Yelp Settings page so metaboxes do not have toggle icons or move hovers (the metaboxes cannot be moved)
- Fix: PHP Warning for array_key_exists check when get_option returns false
- New: Added WordImpress logo image to options page
- Updated: Improved widget’s UI for new WP 3.8 style
- Updated: Reformatted all code to WP Coding Standards
- Updated: Swapped Yelp icon URL for biz url rather than just yelp.com
- Updated: Removed old license metabox in place for new license activation explanation metabox
- Updated: Compatible with up to WP 3.8
- Updated: readme.txt file with additional information
- Fixed: Broken link to premium upgrade page
- Fixed: WP_DEBUG notices
- Removed unnecessary plugin updater class
- Fixed: Issue with unavailable automatic updates and new licensing server
- Updated: New Updates handeling for premium plugin purchasers
- Fixed: Very minor CSS issue in admin options UI issue with G+ displaying block
- Updated: Improved logic to communicate between Software API and plugin
- FIXED: Issue with Sorting feature not working properly
- NEW: Social media buttons in settings panel (like us if you get a chance!)
- UPDATED: Support links to forum updated
- UPDATED: Licensing logic for plugin
- Code cleanup and optimization
- UPDATED: Reverted license update method back to curl from wp_remote_get due to some issues with various hosts
- Minor UI Updates
- Code cleanup and improvements
- NEW: Added tooltips with information and links to screencast tutorials on the widgets and on widget settings pages
- NEW: Added default image for businesses without profile images
- NEW: Added Profile image size select; now you can easily modify the size of your Yelp profile image
- NEW: Added links to Options page, Rate the Plugin and Premium Upgrade on the Plugins page
- UPDATED: Changed default number of items in Search Method to 4 rather than 1
- UPDATED: Changed default cache value to 1 Day to encourage caching results
- UPDATED: Widget image output alt and title tags for better SEO optimization
- UPDATED: Readme.txt file with additional information and updated description
- UPDATED: Premium plugin update classes to latest version from GitHub
- FIXED: Fixed Premium licensing metabox inputs min-width issue
- Added link to Premium Version on widget
- Code cleanup and organization
- Release of plugin w/ licensing logic
- UI and code cleanup
- Added localization support for future translations. If you are interested in helping with translation please contact me!
- Additional UI updates and tweaks
- Updated yelp_widget_curl() function to use WordPress’ HTTP API first and backup as cURL
- Integrating premium licencing logic; GPL compatible plugin
- Fixed UI bug with widget API selection radio
- Updated Facebook Like box to new WordImpress (no-ed) page
- Grammatical fixes
- Improved widget frontend CSS
- Improved frontend widget display CSS with percentage-based element widths
- Added business address display option to widget functionality
- Cleaned up Widget UI: Added toggle option panels
- Cleaned up options panel UI: Added metaboxes to hold content; fixed typo in introduction; added like box for WordImpressed
- Improved how scripts are loaded in the WordPress admin panel by only loaded them on the pages needed
- Coming soon: Premium Add-ons! Themes, New Features and More.
- Initial plugin release – Special thanks to the Yelp It plugin for kickstarting this widget