WP Editarea turns your Oldschool textarea code editor in WordPress Dashboard (plugin/theme editor) into a fancy realtime highlighted code editor using Editarea.
- Automatically detect syntax language
- Live preview in plugin option page
- Better than codepress (cPanel also use this)
- Easy integration, no file to edit
- Easy to use configuration page
- Multi language interface
- Bracket matching highlight
- Support many syntax
- Line numbers
- Toggle word wrap
- Interactive toolbar
- Search/replace with regex
- More at Editarea homepage.
- IE 6 & 7 & 8, Firefox 1.5 & 2 & 3, Safari 3.x & 4, Opera 9, 9.5, 9.6 and Chrome 1 & 2 and mostly all modern browsers.
The installation process.
wp-editareafolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory. Make sure directory structures are not changed. Or Directly upload from your Plugin management page.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings menu and set options you need.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Editarea” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Confirmed works with WordPress 3.6
- Small code changes
- Confirmed works with WordPress 3.5.1
- Fixed notice error when WP_DEBUG set to true
- Bug fixed: toggle word wrap option not work (reported by pattrick, http://takien.com/606#comment-1286)
- Added: toggle word wrap toolbar
- Default Display is now “onload”, instead of “later”. (I found saving problem when display is “later”)
- First release