This plugin lets you approve or reject user registrations.
While a user is unapproved, he/she can’t access the WordPress Admin.
On activation of the plugin, all existing users will automatically be flagged Approved. The blog admin will never experience restricted access and does not need approval.
I will be more than happy to update the plugin with new locales, as soon as I receive them!
Currently available in:
User-ID of approved user.
User-ID of unapproved user.
Allows to return custom update messages.
- Download WP Approve User.
- Unzip the folder into the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Make sure user registrations is enabled in ‘General Settings’.
- Once a new user has been approved, will the plugin send out an email to inform them they have been approved?
Yes! Under Settings > Approve User, you can choose when to send an email and customize the email content to your needs!
- Plugin Hooks
after so many years without updates – it sill works!
– it is awaiting approval
– emails are sent as should be
– the only negative is that email is sent from email@example.com – which is not my admin / default email AND there is no place to change that 🙁
Everything works perfectly for me and exactly as described.
The admin got not a mail that a new user is pending. Further likes everything OK. But unusable as long the administrator don’t no that a new user need to approve.
It is not shown in admin area that user is pending. Also, while in that process, user can login and continue with shopping! Not good at all!
The available settings and how this plugin work. perfect !
Installed and activated, no settings or interface shown at all. Uninstalled
Contributors & Developers
“WP Approve User” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Now maintains role selection on batch modification.
- Added some more sanitization.
- Tested with 4.0.
- Added French translation. Props Clovis Darrigan.
- Added Arabic translation. Props Mehdi Bounya.
- Fixes a bug where administrators where locked out of their site if user registration was enabled after the plugin was.
- Adds backwards compatibility for WordPress versions pre-3.5 for the user list filter.
- Removes unused development versions of scripts and styles.
- Updated utility class.
- Added a way to filter for unapproved users in the admin user list.
- Fixed a bug where currently active users would not be flagged as approved on activation if user registration was disabled.
- Added Dutch translation. Props Jos Wolbers.
- Minor coding convention updates to be closer to core coding guidelines.
- Tested with the beta version of 3.6.
- Fixed a bug, where new settings were not saved.
- Added Russian translation. Props Mick Levin.
- Email bodies can now be edited even when email notification is not activated.
- Fixed a bug, where admin notices by the Settings API were not displayed.
- Added the ability to send an email on approval/unapproval. Email text can be customized.
- Optimized alteration of Users menu item. Props Rd.
- Added Hebrew translation. Props asafche.
- Fixed a bug, where the call to action bubble didn’t account for newly registered.
- Added bulk action for approving and unapproving users.
- Added notification of unapproved users in admin menu item (WordPress 3.2+).
- Added highlight of unapproved users.
- Added action hooks on (un-)approval. See hook reference.
- Users created by an Administrator will automatically be approved.
- Updated utilities class.
- Now an instance of the Obenland_Wp_Approve_User object ist stored in a static property to make deregistration of hooks easier.
- Initial Release.