The iControlWP Secure WordPress Manager is the only solution you need to
manage all your WordPress websites.
You’re serious about WordPress Management, so we don’t restrict you on features and tiers like “Pro” and “Business” – you can pick and choose exactly what you need.
Our Mission – Better WordPress Management with Fewer WordPress Plugins
With iControlWP you need fewer WordPress plugins on your sites because you can centrally manage much more from within your
control panel. For example:
- You don’t need an extra plugin for Google Analytics tracking codes.
- You don’t need an extra plugin for CloudFlare integration and management
- You don’t need an extra plugin to optimize your databases
- You don’t need an extra plugin to clean up old drafts, comments and post revisions
- You don’t need an extra plugin to manage WordPress automatic updates
With iControlWP you can:
- Manage ALL WordPress websites from a single, centralized control panel.
- One-click update WordPress Plugin (premium ones too!), Themes, and the WordPress Core.
- Bulk update all plugins, themes and WordPress cores.
- Very finely tune WordPress Automatic Updates for every plugin on every site.
- Manage CloudFlare settings using our unique CloudFlare integration.
- Insert Google Analytics Tracking code.
- Clean up WordPress
and Optimize WordPress databases
- Manage WordPress Security setting across all your sites.
- Install new WordPress websites automatically, anywhere you have cPanel web hosting
- Automatically log into your WordPress sites without remembering your WordPress login details.
- Collect useful visitor site statistics and view them directly from within your control panel.
- Is iControlWP Free?
No, but you can try it out using our unlimited-sites free trial.
- Is iControlWP secure?
Yes! We take great care to ensure the integrity of the connection between iControlWP and your website.
All sensitive data is encrypted on our system so it is never human-readable by anyone.
See the next question for more in-depth explanation.
- I want more to know more about iControlWP plugin security?
We take security seriously at iControlWP – prevention is far better than cure and we trust when you see what steps we
take to ensure the integrity of your website you’ll know we taking the biggest steps to secure your site.
- Each new plugin install creates a unique secure code that you must supply correctly to add the site to your iControlWP account.
- When iControlWP and your plugin are connected, iControlWP creates a unique PIN code, encrypts with an MD5 hash and stores in
on your site. ONLY attempts to connect to your plugin that supply this correct PIN code will ever be able succeed.
- We also take it a step FURTHER – each connection performs a unique hand-shake process (that you wont find in other similar products)
between iControlWP and your WordPress websites to ensure that no-one else, anywhere, can spoof your WordPress site. The plugin will always
check to ensure that the connection has originated from iControlWP.com. If not, the connection is disregarded completely and immediately.
- Will the iControlWP plugin slow down my site?
Not a chance! We have the absolute SMALLEST plugin (compared to similar products of this type) around.
We install only the absolute necessary code, and when you need more, iControlWP’s unique “Action Pack” delivery
system sends just what your site needs.
- How does iControlWP work?
With the plugin installed and the connection setup to your own iControlWP account, the iControlWP system
will periodically ask your WordPress website for some information. Currently we check:
- WordPress Core update status
- WordPress.org Plugins update status
- WordPress.org Themes update status
- Other server environment information that helps us to determine compatibility with the iControlWP system.
This includes things like PHP version, HTTP server type and version. You can review all this captured
information from within iControlWP and is useful as a handy reference.
We then take this information and display it to you on the iControlWP dashboard – then it’s over to you and what you want to do with it.
- What is WorpDrive?
WorpDrive is a new, far more clever approach to WordPress backup and restore,
and is a premium product available from with the iControlWP control panel.
It doesn’t use FTP, Amazon S3, or any of the traditional painful approaches to website backup,
and you don’t need to buy/rent any other 3rd party storage service.
WorpDrive is an ALL-IN-ONE backup and restore system for your WordPress website and is a bargain at twice the price.
- Is WorpDrive free?
No. WorpDrive is available for a small monthly fee.
I'm using it on a bunch of personal sites and client sites. I have the backup enabled on most of the sites. Whenever I do something stupid or some update "kills" the site I'm glad to know I can just resurrect it. Saved my bacon quite a few times. Also, any problems I have had so far Paul was able to help work it out (usually user error, ie me, not knowing what I'm doing). I have been with them for 2 years. I have seen a lot of improvement in their offerings along the years and each time they save me either time or money.
I've been using Icontrolwp now for about two years. Previously, I tried ManageWP but found it difficult to use, and backups failed. Icontrolwp works flawlessly, allowing the WordPress core, plugins, and themes to be updated on multiple sites with the click of a button. The user interface is intuitive and simple to navigate. More importantly, customer service is excellent--among the best I've ever experienced. I highly recommend this service.
Latest Release: 3.2.2
Released: 11th March, 2017
- (v.2) FIXED: Remove strict warning
Released: 14th February, 2017
- (v.2) FIXED: Remove strict warning
- (v.1) IMPROVED: Further optimizations and performance improvements
- (v.0) IMPROVED: Further optimizations and performance improvements
- (v.0) FIXES: Some small code bug fixes
Released: 6th January, 2017
- (v.3) IMPROVED: Further optimizations and performance improvements
- (v.2) IMPROVED: Further optimizations and performance improvements
- (v.0) IMPROVED: Easier linking of sites to the iControlWP dashboard without the need for Authentication Key.
Released: 3rd January, 2017
- (v.2) IMPROVED: Reducing login notifications for iCWP logins
- (v.1) FIX: Bug with adding new sites to control panel
- (v.0) UPDATED: Large improvements to code (more to come)
- (v.0) UPDATED: More secured transfer of data during actions.
- (v.0) UPDATED: Much faster execution of actions.
Released: 16th December, 2016
- (v.0) UPDATED: Improvements to updates detection particularly for premium plugins/themes.
- (v.0) UPDATED: Various cleaning and code improvements.
Released: 1st March, 2016
- (v.0) ADDED: Support for Shield Pro.
- (v.0) UPDATED: Various improvements and optimizations including database queries.
Released: 9th March 2015
- FIXED: (v.7) Supported method for disabling the WP-SpamShield filtering.
- ADDED: (v.6) Full support for plugin white labelling.
- ADDED: (v.6) Full support for plugin white labelling.
- ADDED: (v.6) Added officially supported method for disabling the WP-SpamShield filtering.
- ADDED: (v.5) support for WP-SpamShield to prevent it blocking requests.
- FIX: (v.4) bug where the white listed IPs weren’t being updated correctly within security plugin white lists.
- UPDATED: (v.3) Update service IP addresses.
- FIX: (v.1) Fix small admin-side incompatibility with BuddyPress plugin.
- ADDED: (v.0) Re-implemented automatic updates but with a 48hr confidence delay
- ADDED: (v.0) Warning upon plugin deactivation
Released: 4th February 2015
- FIX: Fix disconnection for certain sites (v.6)
- CHANGED: Better compatibility with the iThemes security plugin (v.5)
- CHANGED: Sets a WordPress flag in order to better detect premium plugin updates (v.4)
- ADDED: Significant Performance Improvement to plugin load times (v.3)
- CHANGED: Small logic fix during action success/failure reporting (v.2)
- ADDED: Improved support for ‘WP Maintenance Mode’ plugin (v.1)
- CHANGED: iControlWP action parameters are more reliably transmitted to the plugin.
- CHANGED: Performance improvements.
Released: 21st January 2015
- ADDED: Ability to automatically add a site to an iControlWP account.
- ADDED: Support for ‘Ultimate Coming Soon Maintenance Mode’ plugin.
- FIXED: PHP require() for relative paths is broken in certain environments.
Released: 6th January 2015
- ADDED: UI indicators for plugin automatic updates.
- ADDED: Further compatibility with maintenance mode plugins.
- CHANGED: Tweaks to the white labelling system.
- CHANGED: Refactored files for better organisation.
Released: 23th December 2014
- ADDED: Option to clear all statistics.
- FIX: Small bug where statistics weren’t enabled when requested to do so.
Released: 19th December 2014
- CHANGED: Added work-arounds for some maintenance mode plugins.
- CHANGED: Removed background plugin update.
Released: 11th December 2014
- CHANGED: Significant plugin refactoring to improve performance, security, and reliability of the iControlWP service.
Released: 19th November 2014
- IMPROVED: Compatibility with WordPress Simple Firewall user sessions and the Login-As feature.
- FIX: Temporarily disable automatic whitelist for wordfence.
- FIX: Quick-fix to get around fatal error with poor Jetpack coding.
- ADDED: Option to set “DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT” from iControlWP App
- ADDED: Option to set “FORCE_SSL_ADMIN” from iControlWP App
- ADDED: Option to set CloudFlare Flexible SSL from within the iControlWP App
- ADDED: Option to set Hide WordPress Version (WP Generator Meta tag) from iControlWP App
- ADDED: Option to set Hide RSD Link from iControlWP App
- ADDED: Option to set Hide Windows Live link from iControlWP App
- UPDATED: White-listing IPs
- FIX: Error with automatic whitelisting in some cases.
- FIX: A few PHP notices, and update to WordPress 4.0 compatibility.
- CHANGE: To avoid PHP strict warnings.
- ENHANCED: Automatically adds to the Bad Behaviour IP white lists.
- CHANGE: Improved compatibility with hosts that restrict certain methods of file includes.
- FIX: WordPress 3.8.2 breaks automatic updates code. This update addresses that change.
- FIX: for cron error code and google analytics js code
- CHANGED: auto-updates system is now integrated directly into plugin instead of using a separate plugin.
- CHANGED: tweak to white labelling and stats with more options.
- FIX: for google analytics logic
- CHANGED: Improved white labelling and options for google analytics.
- ADDED: Google Analytics Integration.
- CHANGED: some code refactoring, fixes, and improvements to the new stats features
- ADDED: Site Statistics Module
- CHANGED: Now ready for white labelling
- CHANGED: Now uses WordPress wp_remote_get() by default to make its HTTP calls
- CHANGED: Changed the URL of the App.
- ADDED: Support for Elegant themes maintenance mode plugin.
- ADDED: New Service WhiteList IPs.
- CHANGED: Small fix to the remote site add feature.
- ADDED: Verified works with WordPress 3.8 admin.
- CHANGED: Improved IP white listing method with 3rd party plugins.
- ADDED: Now works around the WP Maintenance plugin so you can add and manage the site.
- ADDED: Support for the new automatic WordPress Background Updates features in iControlWP.
- ADDED: New IP address to IP address pool for the service.
- ADDED: Improved support for Maintenance Mode plugins while linking your site to iControlWP.
- ADDED: Support for All In One WP Security plugin.
- IMPROVE: W3 Total Cache compatibility.
- FIX: WPMS notices.
- ADDED: Full support for WP Engine.
- ADDED: Support for automatically adding whitelisted IP addresses for the WordPress Simple Firewall plugin.
- ADDED: Direct support for WordPress Firewall 2 plugin by automatically whitelist iControlWP IPs.
- ADDED: Support for the Ultimate Maintenance Mode plugin.
- ADDED: Ability to add a site to an iControlWP account from within the WordPress site itself
- ADDED: Support for the underConstruction plugin to ensure we by-pass any redirection.
- ADDED: support for initial plugin white labelling options
- ADDED: login-as redirect options and support for WPMS login as
- ADDED: Automatic Better WP Security IP Whitelisting for the iControlWP service
- ADDED: Automatic Wordfence IP Whitelisting for the iControlWP service
- NAME CHANGE: Was Worpit, now iControlWP.com
- ADDED: support for logging in as any user, not just admin.
- FIX: preventing the plugin from disconnecting from the service in some cases.
- FIX: Improved security
- CHANGED: Plugin communication with iControlWP App changed to help avoid security restrictions that impact direct access to PHP files.
- TWEAKED: Plugin’s custom access rules.
- ADDED: a fix for whe na site changes its underlying file structure and the location of the plugin moves.
- Plugin now redirects to the iControlWP settings page upon activation.
- FIX: a bug with the code in the plugin option to mask WP version.
- Plugin re-architecture to use HTTP GET instead of POST to receive directives from worpitapp.com
- Tested with WordPress 3.5
- Adds custom options for setting various security related WordPress settings.
- Now easier to find the plugin URL when adding a site.
- Adds a .htaccess to the plugin root folder to cater for people who don’t have their own .htaccess to prevent directory listing
- Fixes compatibility with other plugins who have the same function names in some cases.
- Work around Maintenance Mode plugin so iControlWP commands still work even in maintenance mode.
- Fix for handshaking features.
- Minimum required version to support WorpDrive WordPress Backup and Recovery Service
- Better stability features that also allow for better handling of errors and unexpected plugin output.
- Removes interference from the ‘Secure WordPess’ plugin when the iControlWP plugin initialises due to a request from the iControlWP service.
- No functional change, just some wording on plugin.
- Latest stable release.
- Worpit – Manage WordPress Better Initial Release.