WordPress 2-Step Verification (Wp2sv) adds an extra layer of security to your WordPress Account.
In addition to your username and password, you’ll enter a code that generated by Android/iPhone/Blackberry app or Plugin will send you via email upon signing in.
- Easy setup
- Multisite supported
- Option to use application or email
- Backup codes
- Protect XML-RPC with app password
- Download the plugin and extract its content
- Upload the extracted folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Set up 2-step verification through the ‘Users->2-Step Verification’ menu
- I cannot complete the first set up step, verification code is incorrect
Codes are time-dependent. Make sure your phone is set to the correct local time. If your server time is incorrect, click Sync now at top right of overview page
- I don’t received email
The plugin uses wordpress built-in function to send email. If email function not work you can try some plugin to help sending email over SMTP like
WP Mail Bank,
WP Mail SMTP,
- Does the plugin support multisites?
Yes, it does. You can
network activeit, it work with all users no matter if your site is multisite or not
If an user turn it
ONthat mean he will be asked for code once login on all sites whole the network.
It’s a great plug in expecially for the possibility to receive the code by email.
In My case where my website is not in English will be nice to can customizer errors message and also text of the email. Nice plug in.
I love this. Keep update.
Google Authenticator is an another security layer to help yourself from the hackers. More over this service is directly provided from your Google account so we can know how secured the login will be. Google also provide you some backup codes to print on any paper, this is because when your unable to access your mobile we can go through this backup codes entering whenever code/pass asked. Google also provided Google Authenticator for Android users so they never require to request a new code always, a temporary code will be generated which will last for 20-60 seconds. In that given time you can use the code to login.
Thanks for providing the wonderful plugin.
I had included this plugin on my blog with how it works.
Protect Your WordPress Blog with Best Double Authentication Plugins
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress 2-step verification” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release.
- Fix some issues
- Add translation for vietnamese
- Compatible with WordPress 4.1
- Add Some missing icon
- Fix sync time issue
- Compatible with WordPress 4.3
- New feature Backup codes
- New feature App passwords
- Compatible with WordPress 4.4.2
- Fix some small issues
- Fully Vietnamese translation
- Improve security
- Fix app login
- Fix other issues
- Skip 2 step verification on rest api, we can’t implement this on api. Api will use oAuth for authentication and it’s secure enough
- Allow login on browser with app password (for compatible with embed browser in WordPress app)
- WordPress 4.5
rest_api_register_rewrites undefined error came in 1.3 if WordPress version < 4.4.0
- New design for enter code screen
- Recovery option for admin by upload verification file
- Fix bug empty page after enter a valid code
- Fix fatal error on php < 5.4
- Fix conflict with wp-mail-bank plugin
- Fix some small issues
- Fix small issues
- Add Russian translation