Replaces the Biographical Info profile field with the WordPress visual editor, TinyMCE, allowing you to editor an author’s biography using rich text.
Please note that this plugins modifies the output of
the_author_meta('description'), apply the same filters used to format content in the main editor.
The Visual Editor Biography plugin is compatibly with WordPress Multisite, just use the Network Activate feature to enable a visual editor on every site. If you only want a visual editor for a specific site then activate the plugin for that site only.
- Install easily with the WordPress plugin control panel or manually download the plugin and upload the folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
This plugin is extremely convenient but you should change a line of code before using it.
Line 137: remove_all_filters(‘pre_user_description’);
This allows you to use HTML by removing all filters, making it impossible for other plugins to adjust anything AND more important, it allows users to run <script> tags. Use this instead:
This removes only the strict HTML filter and replaces it with a less strict version, allowing links, images and markup including divs.
Contributors & Developers
“Visual Editor Biography” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Check for ‘edit_posts’ capability instead of ‘contributor’ for accurate role checks
- Remove ‘the_content’ filters from get_the_author_description() function and instead add filters individually to avoid future conflicts with other plugins:
convert_chars(). Thanks to Matt Wiebe for making this great suggestion.
- Restrict the rich text editing profile switch to contributor level users or higher for security
- Add current_user_can() restrictions for added security throughout plugin
- Fix issue with JS loading on user-edit.php; when administrators edit other people’s bio’s
- Updates and bug fixes for older WordPress versions
- Add plugin Banner to /assets/ folder for WordPress repository
- Initial public release to the WordPress plugin repository