This Plugin allows you to select specific users by user name, or by role name who can view a specific post content or page content.
Basically it adds a meta box to the post or page edit screen and lets the user select specific users by name or roles and then when you call that page content using “the_content();” function it check using “the_content” filter if the current user is one of the users you have selected or if his role match’s the roles you have selected and shows the content, otherwise it displays a message
- You can select any number of Users you want by there names.
- You can select any number of users Roles you want by there names.
- Easy Customization of content blocked massage per post, page or custom type.
- Works with both posts,pages and custom types.
- Content to none logged in users only.
- Setup global default blocked message.
- plugin blocks when using
the_excerpton admin selection.
- Simple admin Panel.
- Block Multiple contents on a single post/page for multiple users Using ShortCode.
- New admin panel.
- Change metabox settings (new)
- in option panel help tabs.
Any feedback or suggestions are welcome.
Also check out my other plugins
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of your WordPress installation.
- Then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- I have Found a Bug, Now what?
Simply use the Support Forum and thanks a head for doing that.
- How can I Use the ShortCode to limit the content to a specific user id?
[O_U user_id=”1″]Content goes here[/O_U]
where 1 is the user id.
or to specify multiple users you can use:
[O_U user_id=”1,2,3″]Content goes here[/O_U]
where 1,2,3 are different user ids.
- How can I Use the ShortCode to limit the content to a specific user name?
[O_U user_name=”Bainternet”]Content goes here[/O_U]
where Bainternet is the user name.
or to specify multiple users you can use:
[O_U user_name=”Bainternet,Steve,david”]Content goes here[/O_U]
where Bainternet,Steve,david are different user names.
- How can I Use the ShortCode to limit the content to a specific user by role?
[O_U user_role=”Administrator”]Content goes here[/O_U]
where Administrator is the user role.
or to specify multiple user roles you can use:
[O_U user_name=”Administrator,Author,Contributor”]Content goes here[/O_U]
where Administrator,Author,Contributor are different user roles.
- Can I use the shortcode more then once in a post?
YES you can use it as many times as you want eg:
[O_U user_role=”Administrator”]admin content goes here[/O_U]
[O_U user_name=”Bainternet,Steve,david”]specific users content goes here[/O_U]
- Can I change the blocked massage for a specific shortcode?
YES you can just add your blocked message as a shortcode parameter eg:
[O_U user_role=”Administrator” blocked_meassage=”admins only!”]admin content goes here[/O_U]
- Can I use the shortcode for logged in or looged out users?
Yep just use the
[O_U logged_status=”in”]You only see this if you are logged in[/O_U]
[O_U logged_status=”out”]You only see this if you are logged out[/O_U]
it works great
note that role name must match role id/slug or else no match – ideally slug should be used for matching and name for display only.maybe have 2 meta data fields and use one for display and one for compare.
thank you for the plugin.
works very good.
I wish supports the whole custom post type for different user roles.
Doesn’t work with this version.
The shortcode are shit. How can i manage to put several HTML/PHP content withing the shortcodes?
I’ve installed this before and it worked. But suddenly, I can’t see the login anymore. just nothing…..
I found this plugin really handy when restricting NextGEN Galleries to certain users. Provides an easy to configure and use login page for blocked content. Thanks!
Contributors & Developers
“User Specific Content” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0.6 replaced deprecated
1.0.5 Fixed Custom roles not working.
1.0.4 Fixed Shortcode not working.
1.0.3 Removed some leftover testing code.
1.0.2 Major updates:
Pls make sure to save settings in option panel after updating.
- Added support for multiple roles per user.
- Added better support for multisite.
- Fixed settings panel not saving.
- Added a “clear selection” to multiple select dropdowns.
logged_statusshortcode parameter, See FAQ.
- added hooks To allow metabox on custom post types in case the settings panel can’t pick them up:
1.0.1 quick typo fix.
1.0.0 Major updates:
* New option panel is now under the users menu.
* Change checkboxes to a select box.
* set who can see the metabox based on capabilities.
* new option to enable\disable the metabox for each post type.
* clean panel code.
* clean metabox code.
* new plugin structure.
0.9.7 Added action filter to allow BuddyPress integration.
0.9.6 Fixed Typo in metabox description.
0.9.5 Fixed Global blocked message issue.
0.9.4 Fixed bug which caused role based limitation to break.
user_specific_content_blocked filter to allow insertion of login form or whatever else you want.
0.9.2 cleaned up code comments
0.9.1 Fixed Typo (thanks to Sean Nittner) added backwards compatible and GNU.
0.9 Added nested shortcode option.
0.8 quick bug fix.
0.7 Major update,Plugin rewritten in OOP,
New shortcode implemented.
New options panel to define User Specific MetaBox.
New admin panel.
Run filter on
the_content as well as
0.6 Fixed all wp_debug warnings.
0.5 Fixed wp_debug warnings.
0.4 added simply logged-in user content only!
quick fixed block by role bug.
added none logged-in user content only!
added pages support