With the Ultimate Under Construction plugin you are able to turn on a holding page for all non-admin users that visit your website. This holding page will allow you to work on your WordPress website on a live server without worrying about the impacts it may have.
This Under Construction plugin allows for many levels of customisation, with millions of solid background colours to choose from, Patterned background and even a region to allow more advanced users to enter a completely custom block of HTML complete with styling there really are no limitations to what you can create.
- Upload the folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings -> Ultimate Under Construction to enable and customise your holding page.
- When the plugin is active it kills my Theme Options page.
This was due to an oversight in the UUC-Script.js file. This has been fixed and updating to the most recent version of my plugin should fix the issue.
- How do I log in once I have activated the Under Construction page?
You will need to navigate directly to the wp-login page. To do this navigate to www.yoursite.com/wp-login.php.
- When I deactivate the plugin it doesn’t turn off?
This will be a caching issue.
- FlipClock doesn’t load?
This has been fixed in v1.7. Please update.
If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me via www.morrowmedia.co.uk
I don’t know why people are rating it low but I love this plugin, it works perfectly all the time. and the best thing is you can put any html code you want.
This plugin will re-active itself and make your web page grey. de-activating it did not fix it. I had to de-activate and then delete the plugin entirely.
Contributors & Developers
“Ultimate Under Construction” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Newly Created plugin
- Added in FlipClock countdown choice
- Added functionality to switch off countdown entirely
- Fixed the countdown completion text
- Plugin tested and working with WordPress 3.9
- Updated images
- Fixed FlipClock error on IE and iOS.
- Tidied up some unwanted warnings with newest version of WordPress.
- FlipClock no longers resorts to absurd numbers when it goes past the deadline.
- Fixed errors caused not variables not being set.
- Removed meta tags/header information when Under Construction page is not active.
- Preparing for WordPress 4.0
- Testing up to WordPress 4.1
- Front end Tidy-up (including Thumbnail)
- FlipClock no longer sticks to UTC.
- Fixed issue with FlipClock.min.js causing FlipClock to not load
- Altering CSS
- Fixing JS Colour Picker.
- Adding new Committer.
- New Images.
- FIX – Allowing the scripts to be loaded on https.