This plugin allows you to select your “From”, and “To” Taxonomies, to convert all terms. Optionally select a parent term to limit terms to switch. Typing term names will do a live search of terms with the name you are typing AND possess child terms.
Plugin also has built-in support for WP-CLI. In the command line, type in
wp taxonomy-switcher for instructions.
Plugin is on GitHub. Pull Requests and Forks welcome.
Please keep in mind, if parent isn’t set, or you don’t specify a comma-separated list of term ids to migrate, it will migrate all terms for that taxonomy to the new taxonomy.
Pluginize was launched in 2016 by WebDevStudios to promote, support, and house all of their WordPress products. Pluginize is not only creating new products for WordPress all the time, but also provides ongoing support and development for WordPress community favorites like CPTUI, CMB2, and more.
- Upload ‘taxonomy-switcher’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to the ‘Taxonomy Switcher’ admin page. You’ll find the menu item under the ‘Tools’ menu item on the left.
- Select your “From”, and “To” Taxonomies.
- a) Optionally select a parent term to limit terms to switch. Typing term names will do a live search of terms with the name you are typing AND possess child terms. OR b) Add a comma-separated list of term ids to switch.
- Switch them!
Works like a charm. Many Thanks.
One does not simply move categories from one custom post to another…unless of course your using Taxonomy Switcher. ;P
Really useful plugin! Perfect for times when you don’t have access to the database or just want to quickly change a lot of taxonomies.
I would have liked a checkbox instead of searching for the term or adding in ID numbers, but this did exactly what I needed, and fast!
Contributors & Developers
“Taxonomy Switcher” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Update for xss vulnerability, https://make.wordpress.org/plugins/2015/04/20/fixing-add_query_arg-and-remove_query_arg-usage
- Add ability to switch comma-separated list of term IDs.