Custom Post Type UI provides an easy to use interface for registering and managing custom post types and taxonomies for your website.
CPTUI alone does not handle aspects related to the display of post type or taxonomy content. Its goal is simply the registration of both. For help with content display, please check out Custom Post Type UI Extended. CPTUI-Extended provides tools intended to help display content from all registered types in your site.
Official development of Custom Post Type UI is on GitHub, with official stable releases published on WordPress.org. The GitHub repo can be found at https://github.com/WebDevStudios/custom-post-type-ui. Please use the Support tab for potential bugs, issues, or enhancement ideas.
Pluginize was launched in 2016 by WebDevStudios to promote, support, and house all of their WordPress products. Pluginize is not only creating new products for WordPress all the time, like CPTUI Extended, but also provides ongoing support and development for WordPress community favorites like CMB2 and more.
- Installation Instructions
Admin Installer via search
- Visit the Add New plugin screen and search for “custom post type ui”.
- Click the “Install Now” button.
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to the “CPTUI” Menu.
Admin Installer via zip
- Visit the Add New plugin screen and click the “Upload Plugin” button.
- Click the “Browse…” button and select zip file from your computer.
- Click “Install Now” button.
- Once done uploading, activate Custom Post Type UI.
- Upload the Custom Post Type UI folder to the plugins directory in your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin.
- Navigate to the “CPTUI” Menu.
That’s it! Now you can easily start creating custom post types and taxonomies in WordPress.
- User documentation
Please see http://docs.pluginize.com/category/126-custom-post-type-ui
- Code/API documentation
Please see http://codex.pluginize.com/cptui/
In 1.5.3. cant be saved the changes of post type. On another website in 1.5.2. It’s working.
Fast and friendly support – works great with Advanced Custom Fields plugin to boost WP as a powerful custom CMS. Huge thanks to the developer team for creating (and maintaining!) this awesome plugin.
This Custom Post Type UI plugin really gives great possibilities in a rather user friendly way. It really worked fine for me so thanks to the devs !
Great plugin, easy to use and with more options for custom post type generators than anything else I’ve seen available and up to date. Excellent support as well, highly recommend it.
perfect for me. compatible with ACF extension. the two together are perfect
Contributors & Developers
“Custom Post Type UI” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
See changelog.txt for older changes.
1.5.3 – 2017-03-29
- Fixed: Removed ability to rename post type and taxonomy slugs to reserved slugs after initial saving.
- Updated: Updated existing and added new, fancier side graphics.
1.5.2 – 2017-2-1
- Fixed: Chrome conflicts around the js used to sanitize post type and taxonomy slugs and cursors moving to end of input.
- Fixed: Further hardened undefined index notices and instance checks in our cptui_not_new_install() callback.
- Updated: Help text for post type and taxonomy slugs around the use of dashes. See http://docs.pluginize.com/article/135-dashes-in-post-type-taxonomy-slugs-for-url-seo
- Added: Clarification text regarding what the “Get code” section is useful for.
1.5.1 – 2017-1-17
- Fixed: Undefined index notice during update process for themes or plugins.
- Fixed: Blacklisted the word “include” from allowed taxonomy slugs. Causes menus to not show in WP Admin.
- Fixed: Blacklisted the word “fields” from allowed post type slugs. Causes pages to not show in WP Admin.
- Updated: Replaced hardcoded “manage_options” reference in our menu setup with variable holding filtered capability.
1.5.0 – 2017-1-10
- Added: Helper functions to grab individual post types or taxonomies from CPTUI options, function to check for support for custom saved values.
- Added: Helper functions to mark and check if a new CPTUI install.
- Added: FAQ clarifying why post type/taxonomy slugs are forced to underscores. We mean well, I assure you.
- Added: Conversion from Cyrillic characters to latin equivalents.
- Fixed: Parameter handling for get_terms() to match WordPress 4.5.
- Fixed: Added “action” as a reserved taxonomy name.
- Fixed: PHP Notices for rewrite array index, present since version 1.0.6
- Fixed: Prevent triggering post type/taxonomy slug convert when navigating screen via tab key.
- Fixed: Provide empty quote indicator in Registered Post Types and Taxonomies screen for empty values.
- Fixed: Post types and taxonomies no longer need extra page refresh to be registered after an import.
- Updated: Further evolved Registered Post Types and Taxonomies screen to better match list table styles.
- Updated: Bumped minimum required WordPress version to 4.6.
- Updated: Clarified what checking a checkbox does in regards to “Supports” area of post type settings.
- Updated: Changed appropriate help/support links to docs.pluginize.com.
- Updated: Added filter to tab collection for the tools section. You can now add your own tabs.
1.4.3 – 2016-10-17
- Fixed: issue with post types and taxonomies trying to be converted before registration. Prevented full success of process.
- Fixed: Prevent trying to convert taxonomy terms if no terms exist. Taxonomy will still be deleted from CPTUI list.
- Fixed: Prevent trying to redirect on activation if being network-activated.
1.4.2 – 2016-10-03
- Fixed: Responsiveness of sections and “ad” space when creating post types or taxonomies on smaller screens. Props @thecxguy
1.4.1 – 2016-8-25
- Fixed: issue with default values for new parameters regarding menu/nav menu display for taxonomies.
- Fixed: typo in support area.
1.4.0 – 2016-8-22
- Added: “Export” tab on editor screens for quick access to post type or taxonomy export pages.
- Added: CPTUI notices are now dismissable via a button on the right side.
- Added: “Get code” link to registered post types and registered taxonomies listings.
- Added: More amending of incorrect characters in post type and taxonomy slugs. Latin standard alphabet only. Sorry.
- Added: New post type template stack reference from recent WordPress versions.
- Added: Side warning notification if post type or taxonomy slug has been edited.
- Added: Display About page upon activation of plugin.
- Added: Link below ads regarding getting them removed via purchase of CPTUI Extended.
- Added: No need to refresh page after initial save to see post types and taxonomies in menu.
- Added: Taxonomy support for show_in_menu and show_in_nav_menus.
- Fixed: Further improved labels for information text on inputs.
- Fixed: Hide “choose icon” button for non-js users.
- Fixed: Issue with misused “parent” label key that should be parent_item_colon.
- Fixed: Missed show_in_menu_string parameter for “get code” area.
- Fixed: Make sure taxonomies have required post type associated.
- Fixed: “Edit” links in listings area now account for network-admin when needed, with CPTUI Extended.
- Updated: Switch to dedicated dashicon for color consistency between applied admin color schemes.
- Updated: Updated about page.
- Updated: Further UI refinements to better match WordPress admin. Adapted styles found from metaboxes, including collapse/expand toggles.