This is a bare bones option for people who are looking to simply insert the basic Google Analytics tracking code into the head section of every page without any fuss.
I’ve only included the essential options; it’s not very exciting, but works reliably.
- This plugin’s readme.txt file was generated by the bitacre Readme Generator for WordPress Plugins.
Donations are graciously accepted to support the continued development and maintenance of this and other plugins. We currently accept Paypal and kind words.
- Can you add this feature I just thought of?
Possibly, I’m trying to keep this as simple as possible, but if it’s a really useful/uncomplicated feature that I’ve omitted I will definitely consider it.
Just insert the tracking ID and choose placement! Works great.
Nothing fancy, just works.
Fill in Google Analytics UA-code and done!
- Purely cosmetic update for WordPress 4.4
- Added namespacing collision check
- Minor updates for WordPress 3.5 update
- Added i18n (multi-language) support
- Recoded plugin as PHP class
- Added function to save options when upgrading from very old versions
- Added option to track integrated adsense stats.
- Fixed an error causing malformed tracking code to be output.
- Added a option to toggle tracking of logged in administrators.
- Added internationalization language support.
- Fixed error causing population of ALL settings links on plugin menu.
- Fixed missing ‘ in Analytics code.
- Added a location option for code insert.
- Changed variable names for uniqueness.
- Lowered insert priority to get closer to /head or /body tags
- Fixed typo introduced in 1.3.1 update which can disrupt plugin meta links and throw an error in some situations.
- Fixed Settings link using generic function name which might prevent plugin from being activated.
- Added a ‘default values’ function for people doing multiple installations.
- Clarified/additional code commenting.
- Fixed weird line break printing in HTML source.
- Added a Settings link directly to the plugins page for convenience.
- Made the Settings page look more normal.
- Changed maxlength of 2nd box to 3 characters (since someone might have more than 99 sites on the same Analytics account).
- Fixed maxlength of 1st box (from 6 to 8 characters).
- First released version.
- There may still be bugs, but I can’t find any.