Sunny automatically clears CloudFlare cache. And, protect your WordPress site at DNS level.
- Integrate with iThemes Security, Contact Form 7 and WordPress Zero Spam
- Blacklist IP if attempt to login with bad username
- Automatically clears corresponding CloudFlare caches whenever a post/page/media attachment is updated, commented or trashed.
- Purge CloudFlare cache from WordPress admin dashboard
- Test your CloudFlare API key
- Step-by-step tutorial
How does Sunny different from CloudFlare’s offical plugin?
At the time of writting, CloudFlare’s offical plugin doesn’t purge anything for WordPress. It provides the real IP of your visitors and notify CloudFlare when you marking an IP as SPAM. However, it does not include a way to clear the cache or make adjustments to how it works. Here comes Sunny! Sunny focus on cache purging.
Things you need to know
- You need a CloudFlare account.
- This plugin was not built by CloudFlare.
How others talking about Sunny?
If you have written an article about
Sunny, do let me know.
Who make this plugin?
- PHP 5.3 or later
- Download the plugin.
- Go to the WordPress Plugin menu and activate it.
- Go to “Settings” –> “Sunny”
- Fill in your CloudFlare account info
- Test it with Connection Tester (via Settings Page)
- That’s it!
Check out this step-by-step guide for detail instructions.
Check out this step-by-step tutorial.
- Is this plugin written by CloudFlare, Inc.?
Sunny is written by Tang Rufus
- Can I install both Sunny and CloudFlare’s offical plugin at the same time?
- When should I install Sunny and CloudFlare’s offical plugin at the same time?
Install Sunny if you want to purge CloudFlare’s cache automatically.
Install the offical plugin if you can’t see the real IP from visitors.
- When does Sunny purge my cache?
Every time a published post is updated or commented.
Or, every time post status change from/to
- What pages does it purge when a post is updated?
The post itself, homepage and its catories, tags and taxonomies archive.
Use the URL purger on
Toolstab to check what will be cleared for a particular URL.
You can disable this behavior via the
- What if Sunny blacklisted my IP?
- Login CloudFlare.
- Release you IP on the threat control dashborad.
- Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in …
If you come across this error, make sure that you have PHP 5.3 or later installed.
- Dose it support mulitsite?
Confirmed that it doesn’t work network wide. While this version of
Sunnydoes not intended to support mulitsite, you might want to try activating
Sunnyon a per site basis (WPMU DEV has a step-by-step tutorial). Please report your findings.
Moreover, I am planning to write a mulitsite version. Drop me a note if you want early asscess.
since I first installed this plugin I noticed that it can’t be uninstalled via wp-admin, only through FTP.
in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in
public_html/wp-content/plugins/sunny/uninstall.php on line 46
Kindly update this awesome plugin. Make it work for the latest wordpress version. Thanks.
I’m using a free hosting service that has CloudFlare included in its cPanel. Can I use this plugin once I activate CloudFlare fro the cPanel?
Contributors & Developers
“Sunny (Connecting CloudFlare and WordPress)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix: Postboxes not expanding or collapsing on click outside of
- Fix: Broken links to WP Human website
- Fix: Showing empty admin bar for non-logged in users
- Tweak: Support WordPress installations on their own directories
- Fix Firefox force reloading
- Fix: Activator incorrect message
ITSEC_Lockoutconstructor missing argument
- Security: Add black index files
- Developer: Rename
- Developer: Remove views files in
- Developer: Refactor
Sunny_Sanitization_Helperwith dependency inversion principle
- Developer: Rename folder
- Developer: Modularize
Sunny_Updaterconstructor takes version number
- Fix: update notice not showing
- Developer: Better file headers
- Developer: Introduce abstract spam module
- Deprecated: plugin_screen_hook_suffix
- New Translation: zh_HK
- New Feature: Integrate with Contact Form 7
- Fix: Zero Spam module early quit before getting IPs
- Developer: WP Plugin Boilerplate – Change name -> plugin_name for consistency. See this commit
- Developer: WP Plugin Boilerplate – Fixing require() -> require_once(). See this commit
- Deverloper: WP Plugin Boilerplate – Create functions for activation and deactivation hooks. See this commit
- Allow CLI scripts access, see https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-blocks-cli
- Add WordPress Zero Spam hooks
- Tweak: Use
- Tweak: Sanitize in Easy Digital Downloads way
- New Feature: Integrate with iThemes Security
- Performance boost: Early quit if unnecessary
- Tweak: Use jQuery UI style on setting pages
- Fix: Unable to send WordPress Zero Spam blacklist notification emails
- New Feature: Integrate with WordPress Zero Spam
- Add: WP Human as contributor
- Add: WP Human tutorial admin notice
- Update screenshots
- Add: WP Human tutorial
- Add: URL input fields
- Tweak: Use PHP
filter_varto validate IPs and check localhost IPs
- Tweak: Line breaks between input fields and labels
- Fix: Typo
- Tweak: Use WP Human newletter signup form
- Deprecated: zone_ips, Pull recent IPs visiting site
- Fix: Separating admin notices and email notification
- Fix: Log email notification into php error log only if
- Performance: Not loading plugin css
- Security: Checking
check wp_http_refererbugged with question marks
- Fix: Empty customized bad usernames issue
- New: Customize bad usernames
- New: Non-ajax support to
- New: Prevent network wide activation
- Fix: Deactivation hook typo
- New: Option to disable email notifications
- Fix: Set default email frequency to immediately
- Security Fix
- New: zh_TW Translation
- Code Rewrite & File Organization
- New: Defer noticifcation emails
- New: Ban IP if Login As
- New :Purge when status change from/to
- Fix: IP being banned twice
- Fix: Duplicate blacklist notification email
- Fix: Admin bar always been hided
- New:Ban IP if Login As
- Bug Fix
- New: Mailing List Signup Form
- Improve Performance
- New: Support special type top level domains
- New: Ready for localization
- Fix: Class ‘Parent’ not found fatal error
- Bug Fix
- New: Admin bar hider
- Code Rewrite
- UI Improvement
- Performance Improvement
- Remove: GitHub Updater
- Fix: Wrong version number
- New: URL purger
- New: Purge related URLs during post update
- Better Description and Documents
- Tidy up source code according to WordPress coding standard
- Tidy ReadMe
- New: PayPal Donation Link
- Submit to WordPress Plugin Directory
- New: Readme.txt
- New: Screenshots
- New: GitHub Updater
- Initial Alpha Test