Create a Professional Sports Website
Transform your WordPress blog into a fully configurable team, club, or league website. Features a suite of sports tools including fixtures, results, automated standings, players rankings, and individual profiles for clubs, players, and staff.
“There are number of professional sports club who likes to maintain their information and statistics online, SportsPress plugin makes this process really easy, cost effective and quick.” — Indexwp
“Script of the Day: While the WordPress repository holds various team and sports-related plugins, few of them come close to what you can achieve with SportsPress.” — Softpedia
“SportsPress is our number 1 WordPress plugin for sport!” — GBSport
“The freely available and highly impressive SportsPress plugin offers terrific functionality including a fixtures listing, league table, player & staff profiles, customizable point system and a built-in translation system for 36 different languages.” — Club Themes
- Equation Builder
- Club Profiles with Player List
- Automated League Standings with Club Logos
- Events (Fixtures & Results) with Player Performance
- Events Calendar
- Player Profiles & Statistics
- Player Lists
- Staff Profiles
- Select Current Club and Previous Clubs
- Season Archives
- Venue Information & Maps
- Statistics & League Table Columns Configuration
- Sport Presets
- Switch Between Club vs Club and Player vs Player Mode.
- Import Events, Clubs, Players, and Staff from CSV Files
- Easy Shortcodes Menu in Editor
- Events Integrate with iCal
- Certified compatibility with WPML
More details about each feature are available on the SportsPress Website.
- SportsPress for Baseball
- SportsPress for Basketball
- SportsPress for Cricket
- SportsPress for Football (Soccer)
- SportsPress for Golf
Looking for more advanced sports functionality? Upgrade to SportsPress Pro to get access to more advanced features for your team, club, or league website.
- English – English ( en_US )
- Arabic – العربية ( ar )
- Armenian – Հայերեն ( hy )
- Bulgarian – Български ( bg_BG )
- Chinese (China) – 中文 ( zh_CN )
- Croatian – Hrvatski ( hr )
- Czech – Čeština ( cs_CZ )
- Danish – Dansk ( da_DK )
- Dutch – Nederlands ( nl_NL )
- French – Français ( fr_FR )
- Finnish – Suomi ( fi )
- German – Deutsch ( de_DE )
- Greek – Ελληνικά ( el_GR )
- Hungarian – Magyar ( hu_HU )
- Italian – Italiano ( it_IT )
- Japanese – 日本語 ( ja )
- Korean – 한국어 ( ko_KR )
- Macedonian – македонски ( mk_MK )
- Norwegian Bokmål – Norsk bokmål ( nb_NO )
- Persian – فارسی ( fa_IR )
- Polish – Polski ( pl_PL )
- Portuguese (Brazil) – Português do Brasil ( pt_BR )
- Portuguese (Portugal) – Português ( pt_PT )
- Romanian – Română ( ro_RO )
- Russian – Русский ( ru_RU )
- Slovak – Slovenčina ( sk_SK )
- Slovenian – Slovenija ( sl_SI )
- Spanish – Español ( es_ES )
- Swedish – Svenska ( sv_SE )
- Tamil – தமிழ் ( ta_IN )
- Thai – ไทย ( th )
- Turkish – Türkçe ( tr_TR )
Sport Presets Included
- American Football
- Association Football (Soccer)
- Australian Rules Football
- Ice Hockey
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
- Water Polo
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Dota 2
- League of Legends
SportsPress Themes for Clubs
Feel free to share your suggestions with us so we can continue to develop awesome sports club features for you guys!
Developers can contribute via the SportsPress GitHub Repository.
Translators can contribute to SportsPress translations through GlotPress.
To keep up with the latest updates and new features, be sure to do the following:
- Visit the SportsPress Pro homepage.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Follow ThemeBoy on Facebook & Twitter.
Please Rate, Vote, and Enjoy!
Your feedback is much appreciated and makes all the difference in improving SportsPress.
- WordPress 3.8 or greater
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of SportsPress, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “SportsPress” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found our sports plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked if you’re sure you want to install the plugin. Click yes and WordPress will automatically complete the installation.
The manual installation method involves downloading our sports plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favorite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
If on the off-chance you do encounter issues with the event/team/player/staff pages after an update you simply need to flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting ‘save’. That should return things to normal.
- Which sports does this plugin support?
The plugin will support most team sports with a scoring system. You can customize the table columns and player statistics via SportsPress settings. We’ve included presets for commonly requested sports, and you can also add your own.
- Will SportsPress work with my theme?
Yes; SportsPress will work with any theme, but may require some styling to make it match nicely.
- Where can I report bugs or contribute to the project?
Bugs can be reported either in our support forum or preferably on the SportsPress GitHub repository.
- Will SportsPress work with my sport?
The plugin comes preinstalled with several different sports presets to help you get started quickly, but is also flexible enough to be customized to fit the need of any team or individual sport. Please let us know if you’d like to work with us to get your preset added the plugin.
- Can I import teams/players/staff/matches?
Yes, CSV importers are included with the plugin. Go to Tools > Import and choose from one of the SportsPress CSV importers. Supports CSV files generated by LeagueLobster.
- What’s the difference between the free and Pro plugin?
SportsPress is a free plugin developed to give sports organizations the functionality needed to run a team, club, or league website. The plugin allows you to schedule your upcoming matches and enter the results after you’ve played a game. Your league tables, team and player statistics will automatically update once you’ve published the result to reflect the new standings.
Limitations? Don’t worry, there are no limitations to the number of events, players, staff members, teams, clubs, or leagues you can add to the free plugin.
SportsPress Pro is a premium plugin made for serious teams who are looking for additional sports functionality in their website. By upgrading to SportsPress Pro, you will be given instant access to a suite of sports modules that will appear in your dashboard.
The current modules that are available exclusively to SportsPress Pro are:
- Tournaments: Create and display tournaments in a bracket/knockout cup format.
- Timelines: Display a visual timeline of player performance in events.
- Scoreboard: Display multiple event results in a horizontal scoreboard.
- Sponsors: Add your sponsors on your website and track each of their clicks and impressions.
- Staff Directories: Show contact information of your key personnel so people know who to get in touch with.
- Team Access: Assign users to a specific team and limit their access to data related to that team.
- Team Colors: Make each team’s profile page unique by displaying their team colors.
- League Menu: Display a global navigation bar at the top of your website for easy navigation from one team to the next.
- Twitter: Add a Twitter feed to team, player, and staff pages.
- Branding: Instantly rebrands your admin panel to reflect your organization’s brand.
- Duplicator: Clone anything with just one click. Great for creating multiple events.
There are 3 different licenses that you can choose from: Club, League, and Agency.
When you upgrade to one of the SportsPress Pro licenses, you can simply activate the Pro version without losing any of your data. Please note that we recommend that you do a complete backup whenever you make big changes to your website.
I tried to be super patient over a long period of time to try to get my issues resolved. I’m in software so I get it, its not east. They support is terrible, the response time is awful. If you use this for Soccer – you’ll love it. Any other sport, good luck.
I asked for a refund within the window as they have a “guarantee” – guess what, I haven’t heard back at all. $99 out the window as I cannot use this for golf (actually disc golf) I spent countless hours adding rounds, player data, tables freeze, don’t work, can’t update. Nothing is consistent, tons of bugs. I offered my time to help them QA, provide feedback, gave them admin access to my site and wordpress – they never logged in
I got my whole league excited for this, they loved the stats, and now I look foolish.
If you have 5 friends and that’s all you are going to do, it’ll be great. Do NOT use this for a real league, with real payouts, and real people that care.
An excellent plug-in that does not have competitors.
Messy and incomplete
Using in a baseball club.
excellent & creative
Contributors & Developers
“SportsPress – Sports Club & League Manager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“SportsPress – Sports Club & League Manager” has been translated into these 6 locales: French, Polish, English (UK), English (Canada), English (Australia), English (New Zealand). Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Fix – Team in player statistics total row displaying as zero.
- Fix – Notice when no sendoffs are available during minutes played calculation.
- Tweak – Update version numbers of recommended sport-specific extensions.
- Fix – Manually entered statistics not reflected in player profile totals.
- Fix – Template hooks not callable for third-party integration.
- Fix – Error when editing league tables in PHP versions earlier than 5.5.
- Feature – New setup wizard for first-time installs.
- Feature – Option to automatically create player profiles during user registration.
- Feature – Choose team or individual mode for each event.
- Feature – Send Off setting for player statistics to suspend minute count for that player.
- Tweak – Remove horizontal scrolling in dashboard to fix hidden dropdowns.
- Tweak – Revert text color overrides for dark color schemes in frontend styles.
- Fix – Borrowed players not automatically loading on event edit.
- Fix – Played minutes calculation and player profile statistics.
- Preset – Update all presets to support new mode switching feature.
- Tweak – Update modules page.
- Fix – League table discrepancy due to change in number of teams setting.
- Fix – Warning message above player list template.
- Fix – Hidden box score header in values mode.
- Fix – Welcome page displaying after upgrade if preset was saved from settings.
- Fix – Decimal places being dropped from player list statistics.
- Tweak – Adjust frontend styles to allow some overrides.
- Tweak – Update modules page with new module options.
- Fix – Player list default sorting issue.
- Fix – Empty team checkboxes in player quick edit.
- Tweak – Hide box score table header row in icon mode.
- Tweak – Adjust frontend stylesheet.
- Fix – Empty league tables when no columns are selected.
- Fix – Empty player lists when no columns are selected.
- Fix – Link events setting not applied to box score time.
- Fix – Player list sorting error with non-numeric values.
- Fix – Home and away records being combined when opponent not in league table.
- Feature – Enable positions to be displayed in icons mode box score.
- Tweak – Reflect mixed column order in player list admin.
- Tweak – Remove table row border in frontend stylesheet.
- Tweak – Automatically apply table adjustments on admin page load.
- Tweak – Simplify box score icon totals.
- Fix – Adjustments not applying to player list values.
- Fix – Minutes not displaying in box score.
- Fix – Player positions displaying not displaying in box score.
- Fix – Total time displaying as 0:00.
- Feature – Option to show or hide career totals in player profiles.
- Tweak – Icons not rendering when frontend stylesheet is active.
- Tweak – Remove underline from icon links in frontend stylesheet.
- Tweak – Change competition and season placeholders in events to “None”.
- Tweak – Enable horizontal scrolling on large tables in admin.
- Fix – Equations returning zero when no events played.
- Fix – Player lists and player profiles showing different statistics when filtered by competition or season.
- Fix – Substitution icon not rendering for starting lineup players.
- Fix – Manual player performance errors in profile.
- Fix – Error in event results if team was deleted.
- Fix – Remove deprecated function in PHP 7.0.
- Fix – Non-numeric errors in PHP 7.1.
- Fix – Placeholders for non-numeric values in player list displaying as zero.
- Tweak – Center align form events.
- Fix – Reverse form array to display events in chronological order.
- Fix – Error in player lists when querying legacy events.
- Fix – Manual values in player lists when no events have been played.
- Fix – Empty timeline error when calculating substitution time.
- Feature – New frontend stylesheet for third-party themes.
- Feature – New chronological streak format in league tables.
- Feature – Head to head tiebreaker option in league tables.
- Feature – Add option to select number of players in player lists.
- Feature – Quick edit player’s team and squad number.
- Feature – Bulk edit players’ past and current teams.
- Feature – Taxonomies added to REST API.
- Feature – Ability to display event history in player profiles.
- Feature – Event list format option added to player and team events.
- Feature – Option to record minutes for specific statistics.
- Feature – Time format added for racing and timed sports.
- Feature – Dedicated option to redirect team pages to site URL.
- Feature – Bulk action to generate team calendars.
- Feature – Automatically adjust played minutes based on substitution times.
- Feature – Match day column option added to event lists.
- Tweak – Remove event limit in calendars.
- Tweak – Allow player squad number to be zero.
- Tweak – Enable mixing performance and statistic column order.
- Tweak – Filter player statistic equations by offense and defense.
- Tweak – System status hidden unless in debug mode.
- Tweak – Move event list column options to sidebar.
- Tweak – Return zero instead of error if dividing by zero.
- Tweak – Always display performance icons in admin.
- Tweak – Add preview notation in event blocks by default.
- Tweak – Single player performance name option added for hover text in icons mode.
- Fix – Player list precision number format error.
- Fix – Player list adjustments for existing values.
- Fix – Hide empty positions in player lists and galleries.
- Fix – Import button selectors disappeared in WordPress 4.7.
- Fix – Substitution time missing parentheses.
- Fix – Staff for home team not being displayed in events.
- Fix – Enable output of time and results without team names in home/away mode.
- Fix – Prevent totals override in box scores.
- Localization – Add Gibraltar nationality option and flag.
- Fix – Activation error on older versions of PHP.
- Feature – Add equation format option to player performance.
- Tweak – Add text options to change tab labels.
- Fix – Activation errors using TGMPA.
- Fix – Empty footer column in team staff table.
- Preset – Update basketball preset.
- Feature – Add option to filter players by current or past team in player lists.
- Fix – Scheduled events not queried in REST API.
- Feature – Player and staff dropdown templates added to layout designer.
- Tweak – Default tab labels from layout designer.
- Tweak – Add “Home” and “Away” to text options.
- Tweak – Add horizontal padding to centered event list columns.
- Fix – Disable numeric slug generation for events due to permalink issues in some cases.
- Fix – Permalink issues caused by filter for scheduled events.
- Fix – Scheduled events being ignored by REST API.
- Fix – Inconsistent styling of player and staff dropdowns.
- Fix – Only include current players in player lists.
- Fix – Age calculation in BuddyPress context.
- Tweak – Add options to select number, team, and position columns to player list shortcode.
- Fix – Totals row offset in player statistics admin.
- Fix – Events not automatically ordered by date in some cases.
- Fix – Google Maps error when address is empty.
- Fix – Player lists for all teams not appearing in team edit screen.
- Fix – Error in player list when team no longer exists.
- Fix – Error in event logos when results are empty.
- Fix – Issue with link to future event from daily archive when multiple events are scheduled for a single day.
- Feature – Add offense and defense statistics to REST API.
- Tweak – Hide template tabs with no content.
- Tweak – Allow selection of player lists without teams.
- Tweak – Center-align time/results when between home and away teams in event list.
- Tweak – Increase checklist panel height in admin.
- Tweak – Update text options.
- Fix – Hidden box score columns still displaying when in offense/defense mode.
- Preset – Update cricket preset.
- Feature – Add substitution times in box score.
- Feature – Add text options to change template tab names.
- Tweak – Automatically align home and away columns in event lists.
- Fix – Box score minutes display issue.
- Feature – New simplified fixtures importer compatible with LeagueLobster.
- Feature – Add match day field to events.
- Feature – Add box score minutes to events.
- Feature – Add option to display full time in event details.
- Feature – Add inline and block option to event logos.
- Feature – Add squad number and name option to player details.
- Feature – Add tab options to layout designer.
- Feature – Add option to display player and staff dropdowns in profiles.
- Feature – Add option to select TBA, postponed, and canceled event status.
- Feature – Licenses tab for third-party extensions.
- Tweak – Get player data only when needed.
- Tweak – Add capabilities to taxonomies.
- Tweak – Display tutorials in main menu if user role is not admin or league manager.
- Tweak – Use contextual strings for featured images.
- Tweak – Enable meta query vars in REST API.
- Tweak – Adopt new tab class names in admin.
- Tweak – Inherit text color for event logo team text.
- Tweak – New developers section on modules page with link to join Slack community.
- Fix – Taxonomy links appearing in admin for users that can’t edit events.
- Fix – Debug error on non-standard admin pages.
- Fix – REST API notice in Jetpack.
- Tweak – Add shortcode parameter to override global date in event calendar.
- Fix – Subversion issues.
- Fix – Use search mode in maps to prevent invalid parameter error.
- Fix – Google Maps embed code to reflect selected map type.
- Fix – Countdown error when teams are not selected.
- Tweak – Add API key to Google Maps in admin.
- Tweak – Embed code to reflect change in Google Maps API.
- Tweak – Enable sortable tables on all devices.
- Feature – Display admin notice when user is not allowed to edit an item.
- Feature – Add shortcode parameter to filter event calendars by player.
- Feature – Add text options to change age and birthday labels.
- Feature – Add option to show or hide logos or photos in event blocks.
- Tweak – Combine reverse teams option for results and box score.
- Fix – Add filter to template output for extensions.
- Tweak – Display squad numbers in defense section.
- Tweak – Display shared values in both offense and defense sections and sync when editing event.
- Fix – Hide team column in player statistics for player-vs-player sports.
- Fix – Title generator in event importer.
- Tweak – Restore career total tables in player profiles.
- Fix – Display sport and timezone selector after first installation.
- Fix – New events not saving with automatic titles when title is empty.
- Fix – Event importer not importing new events.
- Fix – Some player statistics calculating as zero.
- Feature – Integration with WP REST API by adding endpoints for viewing, creating, editing, and deleting SportsPress data.
- Feature – New drag-and-drop layout designer for customizing events, teams, players, and staff pages.
- Feature – Allow player biography to float next to photo in profile.
- Feature – Add option to display separate offensive and defensive statistics in player profiles.
- Feature – Add option to display career totals as a footer row in player statistics tables.
- Feature – Add option to display event calendar or fixtures & results on team pages.
- Feature – Add option to display time in event logos section when results are not ready.
- Feature – Add global visibility settings to player statistic columns.
- Feature – Add team, competition, league, and venue filter to event calendar, event list, and event blocks shortcodes.
- Feature – Automatically re-order competitions, seasons, venues, positions, and jobs by slug.
- Feature – New welcome page outlining notable changes to major plugin version.
- Refactor – Change parameter for sp_get_next_event function to allow custom templating.
- Tweak – Reverse team order also applies to admin.
- Tweak – Hide squad number from defense box score.
- Tweak – Use more compact labeling in player columns admin meta box.
- Tweak – Update modules page to reflect new premium scoreboard module.
- Tweak – Remove hardcoded protocol for calls to Google Maps scripts.
- Tweak – Limit venue archives to events.
- Tweak – Float team profile next to logo on team pages.
- Tweak – Display league table and player list option in teams only when modules are active.
- Tweak – Load profile and description meta boxes as native editors instead of custom methods.
- Tweak – Load team abbreviations independent of post title filter.
- Tweak – Add z-index to make header float above other elements.
- Fix – Error when league table column has no equation.
- Fix – Error when displaying checkboxes for manual event statistics.
- Fix – Venues linking automatically in countdown widgets.
- Fix – Styling issue where countdown widgets were pushed off-screen in some themes.
- Fix – Avoid loading countdown widget if no events are available.
- Preset – Update baseball, cricket, floorball, handball, ice hockey, and softball presets.
- For older versions, view the full changelog.