Project & document management plugin, Businesses & Organization utilizing this application can maintain documents, records, files, videos and images. You can organize, manage client, student & supplier documents and accounts, control individual documents, and select specific distribution of documents all in an easy to manage online process.
The plugin also demonstrates how quickly a business can take hold of their interactions with clients, sales organization, vendors, and all in between. With a straight-forward layout, access to template modifications and easy to manage features; clients can add and modify projects. The plugin provides assurances that the user has complete control over the flow of information.
Try the document manager that hundreds of businesses trust! Enjoy free forum support as a community user or upgrade to our premium user and submit tickets, call us on skype! We are constantly developing this exciting plugin enhancing the features and taking on custom development work to modify the plugin for your needs!
Works with WordPress Multi Site!
We now have an extensive documentation library
Need support? Click here
Click here to try out a demo
Login with: user: test password: test
Community Version Features
- Upload and manage files
- Secure documents under login for each user
- Zip files in archive
- Localization support for many languages
- Advanced email editor to customize all emails
- WordPress capabilities and roles integration to limit who can do what
- Administrators can add files to users
- SSL Support
- Unlimited nesting of folders
- Require login to download files
- Each user has their own file repository
- File size based off server php.ini
- Unlimited files for users!
** What do you get when upgrading? Check out this video! **
Premium features (requires addons)
To activate the below features you need addons, check out our product builder to see what you need!
- Custom file list templates
- Enhanced multi uploader using plupload allows you to upload unlimited files with any file size regardless of your php.ini settings. We use an advanced file chunking method to upload files!
- File Tagging for better searching
- Additional form fields
- Group user files together
- Category system for files
- Thumbnail mode to view files in a windows format
- Add vendors so files can be sent regularly
- Advanced shortcodes
- Save files as a draft for later publishing
- Add file revisions to a file
- Secure your files with AES encryption, at rest encryption secures documents even when the server has been compromised. This is required in many countries if you are uploading documents with personal data
- Remove branding
- Limit file types
- Create thumbnails from PDFs, PSDs and other popular formats
- File retention times for autopruning files
- Limit file types based on extension and mime type
- Add files from Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive
- Group management with user roles, BuddyPress Groups or baked groups.
- Download logs and reports based on file usage
- Commenting and file discussion on files with notification system
- Google shortlinks for files
- Batch manage files, copy, delete, archive, download files
- Bootstrap powered Dashboad
- Add reminders and tasks to a file
- Add tasks to the dashboard area
- Upload and view videos inside the file viewer
- Text message integration to Plivio and Twillio for notifications
- Build custom forms to submit data using our hand made form builder, allow users to go back and edit that data and compile all the data into a pdf. Sign Documents using our built in signature tool!
- Export data to csv
- Link remotely to an external file rather then uploading a file
- Many more features, too many to list here! Lots of settings to configure the document manager the way you need! Check out a hosted demo to see everything!!
Healthcare, Banking & Finance, Legal, Education ,Consulting, Research firms Government, Architecture, Printers, Photographers, Manufacturing, Chemical, Distributors, Web Developers, Virtual offices, Media to name a few
The client Document manager now includes unlimited folders and folder nesting!
Client / Customers
- Clients upload files and Documents online to their own personal page
- Clients can create or add to existing projects
Administrator Side Features
- Complete control on who can access specific files
- Turn off ability for Clients to upload documents instantly.
- Notification via email when a client uploads a file
- Add files and documents to client page and projects
- Download file archive of a user
- Custom Naming of files
- Create multiple upload locations
- 50 latest uploads on main plugin page
- Force downloads of file
- Delete confirmation with custom notification
- Thank you confirmation with custom notification
- Add staff, supplier’s, vendors, sub-contractors or partner’s so you can distribute the files to other people
- Attach file or send the file as a link
- Projects allow you or the users to create projects to store files in
- Allow the user to create projects
- Ability to add files to any user
- Download all the files of a project in a single zip file
- Add multiple admin emails to receive files
- Advanced admin file manager
- Assign custom capabilities to user roles
- File Logging
- Add Categories
- Manage Categories allow an admin to designate categories for the user to select, for example a print company could use categories as statuses (Mockup, Draft and Final)
- Allow a user to create folders
- Collaborate with other users with groups
- Assign a file or files to a project
- Manage Folders
- Client can view all categories set by admin
Full Support Available through email or Skype.
Add-on packs available for more features!
- How come I’m getting a 404 error?
This could be one of two reasons, either you did not install theme my login or you’re running wordpress in a directory in which you can go to settings and set the directory for wordpress.
- Why am I just getting a spinning circle and no content on my uploader?
This is usually because you are using a theme that converts new lines into paragraphs. To fix this wrap the short code in raw tags. Example: [raw][sp-client-document-manager] [/raw]
- Is there a conflict with another plugin?
- I get an imagemagick error when creating thumbnails of pdf and psd’s
Imagemagick is a 3rd party plugin you are responsible for, it needs to be downloaded and installed on your server but more importantly, it needs to be compiled into php. Your server admin should be able to handle that, we do not support imagemagick installations.
- I’m using the premium version but not seeing the client document uploader tab in wordpress
Premium users must have free + premium version installed. The premium extends the free version. Once you install the free version you will see the tab, from there put in your serial code.
- Do you offer capabilities for user roles?
- sp_cdm = You need this role to view the plugin, this is a very minimal role. You can view files, edit and delete.
- sp_cdm_settings = edit settings as well as enable any premium plugin features (in the future we will break premium features into their own roles, just getting started here)
- sp_cdm_vendors = Show vendors tab
- sp_cdm_projects = Show projects tab
- sp_cdm_uploader = Use the uploader (add files)
- Why am I getting a permission denied error when activating the premium or trial version?
The premium version relies on common functions to operate, please activate the FREE version to fix this error. You must have both FREE and Premium plugins installed and activated.
The site was built thinking it would just be used on occasion. We enjoyed the functionality of the options Smartypants offered and put them together on a project. Shortly thereafter, the website became an integral part of our business. Because of this, whenever we break it, support is very important to us. I cannot say enough good things about David and Tony who both always answer when we call or call back quickly. Soon, any problem we have is solved and we go happily on down the road, back in business. I have told them before, we are with them because they are always there for us.
Using Doc manager and premium plugin for just about a year now. Turns out MY server engineer changed a setting that disabled doc upload causing client-wide panic (we have multi-use license). I called AND submitted a ticket to SP in a panic. David personally called me within 5 minutes, talked me off the ledge and went to work on searching for what went wrong. Yes, it cost me to get the fix because it was MY engineer's fault. Did SP offer service? 150% YES! They were fast, communicated well, responsive and got me back in the game as fast as could be expected. Both the owner and his staff are great people. I am impressed. Worth every penny...and I am quite the pincher! Because of how we use this plugin, it has become a valuable tool in how we do business and how our clients do business. We have been creative in how we use it and now we can not do without it!
- Added ability to either remove files or reassign files when a user is removed
- Fixed issue with types
- Added Custom file list templates for premium users
- New interfaces for premium Windows GUI
- Added some filters
- versioned up!
- Fixed issue with revisions. Revisions no longer searchable
- Fix for manditory folders
- Unlimited sub folders and folder nesting now included with the free version!
- Fixed an issue when editing a document, the saved document would lose its folder.
- Vulernability fix thanks @Tripwire VERT
- Fixed the admin email
- Security fix: .htaccess file now protects upload directory on misconfigured servers. Reported by: Guy Theuws Thanks man!
- Added the ability to disable the protection for non sensitive situations
- Security exploit fix
- Fixed some email issues
- Security fix
- Multiple files download fix
- Added an event logger which will be implemented plugin wide coming soon.
- Fallback if no file name if given
- Security fix DOWNLOAD
- Uploads were not inserting due to 4.4, fixed.
- Tabs now rememeber !
- Fixed the view file modal on admin
- Multiple bug fixes
- Fixed the admin uploader when using form fields
- Added quick links to the admin bar
- Fixed a bug that was crashing some installations
- Fixed a security hole in download archive
- Added a log out button
- Changing ownership of a folder moves the supporting files and folders to the new owner
- Security fix, please update
- Fixed download folder archive
- Download folder archive now includes sub folders
- Archives are removed from folder twice daily
- Fixed some bugs
- Added a bunch of new hooks
- Bug fix from latest update
- Major update to the admin uploader, now uses thumbnail mode and reposonsive mode, removed redundent code.
- Fixed issue with font and ssl
- Fixed issue with projects not loading when notes is enabled
- Fixed exploit in ajax (credit: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Important patch
- Added the ability to log who deletes files, shown under settings->user logs
- Fixed a bug where spam bots could delete files
*Important security fix
- Fix to readfile(); in downloads
- Mime type addition of microsoft 2013 documents
- Added the ability to put files in draft mode for premium
- Added the ability to set file retention times for folders.
- Added the ability to link directly to the view file console from emails
- Fixed langugages issues, added Polish and Czech
- Fixed download archive in folder view
- Fixed an error with admin uploader where the folder id was being saved as a cookie and loading that folder for different clients.
- Fixed an error where folders were being added to the wrong user when using the admin uploader
- Fixed an error which displayed files when accessing ajax files
- Fixed an error with files not being removed when deleting a folder
- Fix the deleting of files in admin area, previously was not removing file from server.
- Removed 2 extra div ends that were breaking some designs.
- Added new terms to the translation files, if you are using a different language please update the .po file and send us the updated version to email@example.com to be included in future releases
- Fixed a slashes issue in the email
- Major release – Document manager is now responsive in premium mode
- Community version also has responsive modals
- Huge code rewrites so if you are going to update premium please update all your smarty plugins or you will recieve errors
- Made settings page allot nicer to look at with a tabbed interface
- Fixed Vendor Emails
- Added WP Editor to email section
- Add a custom vendor email to email section