Simple YouTube Embed plugin is the easiest way to embed YouTube videos in WordPress. This plugin extends the default YouTube embed with advanced player parameters. When the page is rendered, a high resolution thumbnail image is displayed instead of the YouTube video player.
- Pretty YouTube video embed
- Responsive and mobile friendly
- Embed a YouTube video with a high definition thumbnail image as the poster
- Enable/Disable display of suggested videos when the video finishes
- Enable/Disable player controls
- Enable/Disable video information
- Enable/Disable fullscreen
Simple YouTube Embed Usage
Create a new post/page and enter your YouTube video URL to embed it. Make sure the URL is on its own line and not hyperlinked (clickable when viewing the post). In order to avoid formatting errors, It’s better to place the URL into the content area in text mode. For example:
Related YouTube Videos
In order to disable related videos from showing you can add “rel=0” to your YouTube URL.
YouTube Video Controls
If you do not want to show player controls you can add “controls=0” to your YouTube URL.
YouTube Video Info
If you do not want to show information like the video title and uploader you can add “showinfo=0” to your YouTube URL.
YouTube Video Fullscreen
If you do not want to allow fullscreen option in the player you can add “fs=0” to your YouTube URL.
For documentation please visit the Simple YouTube Embed plugin page
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard
- Click the upload tab
- Browse for the plugin file (simple-youtube-embed.zip) on your computer
- Click “Install Now” and then hit the activate button
- Can this plugin be used to embed YouTube video?
- Can my YouTube videos be responsive?
This plugin lets me disable related videos in my YouTube video and hide controls. keep up the good work and thanks again for the great support.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple YouTube Embed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added an option to prevent video information from displaying in the YouTube player
- Added an option to prevent fullscreen button from displaying in the YouTube player
- Updated the translation files so the plugin can take advantage of language packs
- Simple YouTube Embed is now compatible with WordPress 4.4
- Simple YouTube Embed is now compatible with WordPress 4.3
- Fixed “black bars” that would show up on the sides of the video and thumbnail
- If high definition is not available for a video it will embed with a low quality thumbnail
- Added an option to disable related videos
- Added an option to disable player controls
- First commit