Simple URLs is a complete URL management system that allows you create, manage, and track outbound links from your site by using custom post types and 301 redirects.
It adds a new custom post type to your Admin menu, where you can create, edit, delete, and manage URLs. It stores click counts in the form of a custom field on that custom post type, so it scales really well.
And by avoiding page based redirects, which is the current trend in masking affiliate links, we avoid any issues with permalink conflicts, and therefore avoid any performance issues.
- Upload the entire
simple-urlsfolder to the
- DO NOT change the name of the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to
Settings > Permalinksand save them. Yes, just click save. Trust me.
- Navigate to the
- Create a new URL, or manage existing URLs.
- Publish and use the URLs however you want!
- When I try to access my new URL, I’m getting a 404 (not found) error
Sounds like you didn’t follow the installation instructions 🙂
Settings > Permalinksand save them. No need to change anything, just click the save button.
- Can I change the URL structure to use something other than /go/ ???
No, not without modifying the plugin.
Lo que hace es crear redirecciones personalizadas para que tengas un control exacto de tus enlaces.
I tried a few links and only got 404 errors. I uninstalled and tried Linker, which worked right away.
Easy and simple. That’s all.
I’ve used this plugin on a couple of sites for a few years. Never had an issue.
Does not have nofollow link attribute option. Does not allow user to change “/go/” slug – that’s a major footprint. Good maybe for amateurs.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple URLs” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add plugin header i18n
- Add textdomain loader
- Changed messages and labels.
- Updated textdomain.
- Generated POT file.
- Fixed saving bug
- Removed capability line from the register function. Users with permission to edit posts can create/edit URLs.
- Bumped to show compatibility with WordPress 3.0.4
- Fixed a type in the plugin URL
- Bumped to show compatibility with WordPress 3.0.2
- Fixed bug with URLs with ampersands in them
'with_front' => falseto the post type registration
- Initial Beta Release