A rebooted concept of the original WordPress Links Manager with many great enhancements and features.
Want more options and better support?
Some of the features this plugin offers:
- Drag and drop link ordering
- Featured image style, image attaching
- Shortcode capabilities with a shortcode generating form
- Visual Shortcodes
- Additional usable Fields
- Many widget options
- Import links from the old WordPress Links manager
- Options to remove the old WordPress Links Manager from the admin
- Flexible permissions
The outputs, admin screens, and permissions are extend-able using filters. Development Docs
To contribute on GitHub
send pull requests
- Most questions can be answered by looking at the help section in the top right corner of the different pages in the WordPress Admin.
*Once this plugin is activated, you will find documentation on the “widgets”, “pages”, “posts”, and “simple links settings” screens.
- The full documentation can be found here
https://matlipe.com/simple-links-docs/ which is the same as the plugin link.
- For Developers Docs See
- For all other questions
Start a support thread and myself or someone from the community can probably help you out. Support thread will be answered faster than contact submissions from my website.
- If you are looking for custom functionality
There are some premium add-ons available here https://matlipe.com/product-category/simple-links-addons/
I hadn't used this plugin in a while for my own projects, just been support other users with their needs. This week a current project of mine needed a link manager and I thought, "Hey, I've seen one before". Worked like a treat. It was so nice to not have to design my project around a plugin and be able to just have a plugin solve a requirement that was already organically designed into the project. Thank goodness this plugin kept to the basics over the years and didn't become a swiss army knife of a plugin.
with the quirks, it's probably just as much maintenance as if I had pages of links I manually entered.
- Take Visual Shortcodes out of BETA
- Add German Translation (Thanks to Robert Skiba!)
- Added French Translation (Thanks to momo-fr)
- Added visual shortcodes feature (BETA)
- Fix bug with importing categories from WP Links
- Fix bug with count of links when some links not sorted by category
- Ability to order each category individually
- Create setting for default link target
- Improved translation ability
- Improved Links Manager Import
- Fixed bug with initial setting of hide the Links Manager
- New widget and shortcode option to include the child categories links. See help tabs of your widget and page/post screens for details
- Cleaned up help sections a bit
- Improved translation strings
- No longer include children categories automatically. Instead have the ability to select with child categories to include.
- Fix bug with link nofollow
- Allow for duplicate category names
- Added Persian Translation ( Thanks to Ameer MP and Sheyda Darouei )
- Added sort by date ability
- Some code structure improvements
- Improved settings section
- Added ability to include paragraphs in the link descriptions
- Updated .pot file for translation
- Improved WP integrations
- Removed deprecated Replica Widget
- Improved help section and flags
- Fixed issue with double quotes in descriptions
- Fixed issue with pre WP 3.5 installs
- Added mce to link description
- Prep for premium add-ons
- New filters
- Bug fixes
New Factory Style class structure for more manageable development
Added ability to display the link image without the links title
Added ability to use any type of link including relative links
Added new filters to allow for filtering each links output directly
Prevent the links from showing up in search results
Added Ability to have a rel=nofollow added to links
Added Ability to remove the line break between Images
Fixed the random ordering of links
Added internationalization support