Simple Full Screen Background Image will allow you to easily upload and set a full screen image as the background of your website. Images will be automatically scaled
with the browser, so regardless of the browser size, the image will always fill the screen, even as the browser is resized live.
Once activated, go to Appearance > Fullscreen BG Image. From here click Choose Image, then either upload from your computer or choose one from the media library.
Once you have chosen your image, select the size you wish to insert and click Insert Into Post. A preview of your image will appear below. Now click Save Options
and view your site. The image should now be applied as a full screen background image.
- Upload the ‘simple-full-screen-background’ folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
It worked for me perfectly. I upgraded to pro to get simpler control over the pages it appears on. Still having issues with mobiles but I am sure I will find a solution. Useful plugin.
I am using the Motif theme and I tried to install this plugin and received a message:
“The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.”
Has anyone got any idea why I cannot upload the file?
Is it a restriction that the theme has built into it?
Any help would be appreciated.
Worked perfectly right from the start. I’m using the Appthemes Vantage directory theme with the Directory child theme, with no issues at all.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Full Screen Background Image” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Added missing text domains for translation
- Added a .pot file
- Updated the admin page to use the improved media manager UII
- Fixed function name conflicts with the Pro version.
- Improved data validation
- Fixed an issue with images loading via http when on an https site
- Did some general code cleanup and improvement