This plugin allows developers to debug PHP errors.
Features for Developers
- You can get call stack trace when PHP errors are triggered.
- This is particularly helpful in finding errors that are triggered by the WordPress deprecation and
doing_it_wrong code. These errors are reported in the WordPress core instead of at the location
where the incorrect usage actually occurs.
- You can set the error level from the Settings page, the default is trap Notice and Deprecation errors
There are no additional features supported by Simple Error Handler. The code is simple, small and well documented,
so you can use it as a starting point for your own error reporting or logging plugin.
- Use the Plugins, Add New menu in WordPress to install the plugin or upload the
simple-error_handlerfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- if you are currently unable to access the WordPress Admin pages due to a PHP error or warning, turn off debugging before attempting to install this plugin and then turn it back on after the plugin is enabled.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Error Handler” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Testing for WordPress 3.8 – new wp-admin interface
- First release.
- add two newlines at beginning of report to make top line visible on admin pages.