Admin’s can also add classes to the TinyMCE “Formats” dropdown which users can use to style posts and pages directly. As of Scripts n Styles 3+ styles are reflected in the post editor.
Notes about the implementation:
- Admin users, or more specifically, any user with the
unfiltered_htmlcapabilities (which by default is only the admin type user) can use this plugin’s functionality. Some plugins extend user rolls, and so this plugin would naturally extend include rolls that have the appropriate capability.
- CSS Styles are embeded, not linked, at the bottom of the
styletags by using
wp-head. If your theme doesn’t have this hook, this plugin (as well as most others) won’t work.
head) element with
scripttags by using
wp-head). If your theme doesn’t have this hook, this plugin (as well as most others) won’t work.
- There is no input validation. This plugin puts exactly what you type in the meta box directly into the
htmlwith no error checking. You are an Admin, and we trust you to be carefull. Try not to break anything.
- Do to the licensing of the libraries used, this plugin is released “GPL 3.0 or later” if you care about those things.
This plugin does not require any special activation or template tags. Just get it from wordpress.org/extend, install and activate like normal.
- Will I lose all of my custom Styles and Scripts if I uninstall the plugin?
Yes, absolutely. YOU WLL LOSE ALL CUSTOMIZATIONS. Be sure that you do not want these customizations before you uninstall.
- Why would you do that to me?
Well, because plugins are supposed to, and should be expected to clean up after themselves. If you disable and uninstall the plugin, as a developer, I am supposed to assume that you no longer want me to store all of that now useless data in your database.
- Can I get around that somehow?
Sure, if you are an Admin, just go to the plugin editor and wipe out the uninstall.php and then WordPress will not delete the meta data on uninstall.
Although it took me a little while to understand how to use this plug-in and all its various features… I’m glad I spent the time, as it is invaluable to make quick page customizations or site-wide changes & additions.
Easy installation and perfect functioning! Also works under WordPress 4.7.1 – cool!
working great with contact form 7 to use to send SMS
Simple to use, simple to manage. Work like a charm.
In my list of “must to have”.
This is one of my favorite and most used plugins across all sites that I manage. I love how I can change the css and scripts on just one page without messing up the css on other pages. Using this plugin has allowed me to add so many different things to pages that I never thought was possible before. I strongly recommend this plugin and thank the authors for making something that is so amazing!!!!
Spent some time finding out how to add scripts to an individual page thought, because the metabox is hidden by default. The solution:
“On the edit screen, under the Screen Options tab, enable the Scripts n Styles metabox”
Contributors & Developers
“Scripts n Styles” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add option to not delete data on uninstall
- Version 4.0 will drop php support under 5.4
- This version disables updates for installs with php < 5.4
- 4.0 will launch when most have updated to 3.4 🙂 (and when it’s done.)
- See the github repo commits
- metabox add shortcode bugfix
- Add AJAX to Shortcode Tab
- Add “Chosen” for selects
- General UI Improvements
- Add CoffeeScript Support
- Add Hoops Widget
- Add Global Hoops Shortcodes
- Add Markdown mode to code editor
- Add (fix) code editor themes
- Theme Support (Beta Feature)
- Add (fix) CodeMirror Themes
- Feature: Dynamic Shortcodes.
- Feature: LESS.js support.
- Bug Fix: Proper output escaping.
- Bug Fix: wpautop formatting.
- Bug Fix: Fatal Error on post save
- Option to show Metabox by default
- Check upgrade in more places
- Fix double Settings Message on general-options
- Fix empty post showing on usage
- Cleaned up constants (internal)
- AJAX Saving of Meta-box
- Dynamically populate the Styles Dropdown for TinyMCE
- Styles preview in Post Editor
- Enqueue dependant scripts if you need (like jQuery)
- Adjustable menu placement
- CodeMirror Themes
- fixed some bugs
- Better selection of
post_typesto add Scripts-n-Styles
- micro-optimization for storage of class names.
- Adds option page for globally adding Scripts and Styles.
- Defined a later priority for Scripts n Styles to print after other scripts and styles.
- Added a box for Scripts to be included in the
- Better adherence to coding standards.
- Tabbed interface on metabox
- added CodeMirror
- began contextual help
- Added fields for
- Merged meta boxes
- Cleaned up code
- Improved compatibility
- Added Screenshot
- Some small plugin meta data updates.
- Initial Release.