Build out your complete resume, contact info and skills list with this powerful plugin.
Includes the following features:
- Includes four great shortcodes for displaying your resume, skills and contact information in different locations.
- Includes a widget to place one of the shortcodes so you can display your information anywhere.
- Responsive and should work perfectly with most themes.
- Single post template and stylesheet are both over-writeable by the theme (see FAQs).
Here’s a demo URL to view the results of the Resume Builder:
Check out the video below for a full walkthrough (on a custom theme called SELF):
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Navigate to the Resumes > Add New to build out your first resume with the drag & drop builder
- Use the shortcodes provided to place your resume pieces wherever you need them (on a page, in a sidebar, etc.).
- Use a plugin like Custom Sidebars to create sidebars for additional resumes.
- How can I customize the styling to match my theme?
Copy the contents of the
/css/resume-builder-styles.cssinto a new file called
resume-builder.css. Put this new file into the root of your theme’s folder. Then you can go ahead and make your changes as you see fit.
- How can I customize the post template that displays the resume?
single-resume.phpfile into the root of your theme’s folder. Then you can make the changes to that file to match your theme.
- How can I add more than one resume sidebar?
Use a plugin like Custom Sidebars to create sidebars for additional resumes.
The plugin editor gone after the update, I will rate 5 stars if the problem solved.
Thank you for the plugin! Very useful functionality! 🙂
I had a problem with the new version of the plugin. The tabs “Text” and “Visual” don’t work (text box). I created a new resume, but always active tab “Visual”, in the text field is entered in white letters. WordPress version – 4.3.1.
The plugin is AWESOME.
Contributors & Developers
“Resume Builder” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Updated FontAwesome to 4.5.0.
- Only loads TinyMCE on Resume Edit screens now (instead of everywhere).
- Updated “Resume Builder” code.
- Fixed an issue related to the upcoming WordPress 4.4 update
- Fixed issues related to the WordPress 4.3.x update (sorry about the delays!)
- Fixed an issue with multisite installations (thank you jiggaman)
- Fixed an issue where the single resume template wouldn’t work right with child themes.
- Fixed an issue where some shortcodes wouldn’t display in the correct place.
- Fixed the issues I broke with the last update. Sorry about that folks!
- Fixed some shortcode issues.
- FontAwesome update
- Fixed a bug (for real this time!) where some servers would mess up the sorting for some reason
- Fixed a bug with the Skills title not showing up
- Each resume gets it’s own single post page now (click View Resume to see it) — you can override this file with a theme/child theme.
- Added a few Frequently Asked Questions to help with the use of this plugin (see FAQ tab on WordPress.org)
- A few other minor updates to the styling etc.
- Initial release