This is a simple plugin which automatically hides inactive (orphan) shortcode tags you have used for previous themes and/or plugins. It uses the_content filter to search for shortcode tags which are not active and simply removes them from your post/page content (note the shortode tags won’t be deleted form your content, they will just be removed temporarily on your website frontend). It is a great solution if you want to avoid manual removal of old shortcode tags from your entire content.
Remove Orphan Shortcodes plugin is created by Meks
- Upload remove-orphan-shortcodes.zip to plugins, like any other plugin, or upload unzipped folder remove to wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
- For any questions, error reports and suggestions please visit https://mekshq.com/contact
Contributors & Developers
“Remove Orphan Shortcodes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Remove Orphan Shortcodes” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed: PHP notice thrown in specific versions
- Optimization improvements
- Fixed an issue with breaking image captions
- Initial release