Take Subscribe to Comments. Now, make it smart. And beautiful. And a good listener that accepts replies. That’s Replyable, and it’s built by Postmatic.
Comment subscriptions reimagined – for better SEO, better conversations, and easier comment management
Replyable is smart: Not all comments are created equal. Some are thoughtful, relevant, and worth sharing. Others are just a waste of time. Replyable lets your users subscribe to comments without fear – only the best comments will be sent via email.
Replyable is aware: Nobody will get too much email. As conversations get busy comments will be combined into a daily digest. Subscribe to comments is finally safe again.
Replyable listens: Reply to any email sent from Replyable to post your response as a followup comment. No forms, no websites. It works online or offline, from anywhere. And to make comment moderation easier, authors can moderate comments with simple email commands.
Replyable plays wells with others: Replyable is compatible with all other WordPress comment plugins including Epoch, wpDiscuz, Inline Comments, Commentluv, and your current antispam and moderation workflows.
The days of one-way notifications are over. It’s time to let them hit reply.
- Subscribe to Comments modernized – rock-solid comment subscriptions which comply with all international spam laws.
- Onc-click migration from legacy Subscribe to Comments plugins.
- Comment subscriptions reimagined – Our notifications bring along profile images, gravatars, post recaps, and display the comment in context of the larger conversation.
- Responsive templates – rich html-based comment templates that look great on both desktop and mobile displays.
- Fully branded, auto-adapting templates which magically mimic your active theme – it’s true. Our email templates self-adjust to match the colors, images, and typography of your theme. It’s kind of nuts.
- Replyable strictly adheres to WordPress best practices. It uses the native commenting and user systems. We’re just a magical email gateway.
- Automatic pausing of subscriptions on chatty posts – if too many comments are happening at once subscriptions will automatically be placed on pause the users notified. They can resume their subscription with a simple command.
Premium Features (starting at $2.99/month, 30 day free trial)
- Reply to comments without leaving your inbox – reply to any comment notification to post a followup comment. Even when offline.
- Automatic author subscriptions – Choose to have authors and guest authors automatically subscribed to comments on their own posts. Replyable will deliver the most relevant and thoughtful comments via email (no nice post, dude notices here), and of course let them reply to send a response.
- Moderation as a shared task – Authors can also moderate comments with simple email commands such as approve, spam, or trash. Or, just reply with a response and the comment will be approved and the reply posts, all without touching WordPress.
- Comment Intelligence – Replyable recognizes the quality and relevance of comments and only sends the best to people who have subscribed. Comment content is scored for relevance, length, reading level, and sentiment. If it doesn’t add to the conversation, it’ll be held back and only included in a daily recap.
- Subscription scaling for any size community – Email is great – but too much of it can be a drag. Replyable throttles notifications on chatty posts to meet the needs of the conversation. When things are quiet subscribers receive new comments as they happen. If there are more than a few new comments in the same day email is held back and grouped together into a what’s new daily digest. Best of all, direct replies are always sent immediately to keep side conversations going without bothering the larger group.
- Outbound email delivery – stop worrying about host throttling, spam filters, and deliverability. All Replyable notices are sent via our servers and include guaranteed delivery.
- Affordable plans for any site.
- What is the difference between Postmatic and Replyable? Which is right for me?
Think of Replyable as Postmatic’s over-achieving little sister. Same tech, same people, just smaller and, well, more focused. We took the most-loved features from Postmatic, refined them, and then dropped the price by 85%. Hooray!
Replyable brings all of the commenting features from Postmatic. No delivery of posts, automatic digests, or newsletters. No optin forms. No webhooks, integrations, or otherwise. Just perfect comment subscriptions for instant gains in SEO, engagement, and conversations.
- I already use the paid version Postmatic. Can I switch to Replyable?
The choice is yours. If you already use Postmatic and want to stick with it you can. It contains everything you’ll find in Replyable, in addition to optins, content delivery, newsletters, digests, webhooks, and more. If none of that stuff matters to you just cancel your Postmatic service, disable the plugin, and enable Replyable instead. Your previous Postmatic comment subscriptions will work without a hitch.
- I used to use the free version of Postmatic (Postmatic Basic). Where did it go and what should I do?
Postmatic Basic has been replaced by Replyable. It’s safe to switch to Replyable – your previous Postmatic subscriptions will work just fine. To learn more about what has changed visit our support site.
- I already use Subscribe to Comments/Reloaded. Can I switch to Replyable?
Totally. Upon activation you’ll be invited to migrate your Subscribe to Comments subscriptions in just one click.
- This is really free? Do you sell my data or run advertising?
Yes to free. No to bad stuff. We’re not in the data brokering or advertising game. Instead we’re in the business of making Replyable so good and so affordable that you’ll happily upgrade.You can help fund our development while sending your engagement through the roof by subscribing to one of our extremely affordable plans. They start at just $2.99 a month!
- Is this a 3rd party commenting system?
Not at all. Replyable uses native WordPress commenting. All we do is wire up some magic to turn emails into comments, then push them to your site via the WordPress api. We even have a companion plugin, Epoch which will serve as a replacement for Disqus if you need to move back to native commenting.
- How quickly do email comments post to my website
It takes Replyable six to ten seconds after you hit send to turn your email into a WordPress comment.
I had a question and I was able to get on chat, and someone answered right away, and knew what they were talking about. In addition, I was pulled away from the chat session and forgot about it. I returned THREE HOURS LATER and was able to continue the same chat session and get an answer to my question. That NEVER happens! These are great folks.
Smart plugin extending native WordPress comment system in such an intuitive, intelligent way that it feels like this is how things should have worked all along. The team behind it really seems to care about their product and has been very responsive the couple times I've needed to contact them with little issues.
- Fixed an error in which notices when subscriptions are being paused (Flood Control) were not sending correctly.
- Fixed Freemius error when upgrading.
- We adjusted the minimum number of comments to trigger flood control. You can now set it down to 2 (which is essentially off).
- The checkbox to remove Replyable branding wasn’t sticking properly. Fixed.
- Misc UI tweaks in wp-admin
- Bug fixes for legacy Postmatic Basic users
- Further enhancements to the admin UI
- A new hook to customize the text of the tooltip
- Fixed a bug in which authors were receiving upgrade notice on paid plans. Again. Sorry, again.
- We made an update to the tooltip hover on the comment form. It should be compatible with more themes and devices.
- We’ve cleaned up the menus and some general plugin UI tweaks. 65% fewer menu items!
- Fixed a bug in which authors were receiving upgrade notice on paid plans. Sorry about that.
- Legacy Postmatic Premium users would in some cases have their full header image showing in Replyable emails. We fixed that.
- We fixed a bug in which the customized email footer text was not working properly on paid plans.
Postmatic Basic is now Replyable. Same people, same technology, but a more focused feature set. To learn about what you gain and what you lose please visit our support site.