Post Views Counter allows you to display how many times a post, page or custom post type had been viewed with this simple, fast and easy to use plugin.
- Option to select post types for which post views will be counted and displayed.
- Possibility to manually set views count for each post
- Dashboard post views stats widget
- Capability to query posts according to its views count
- Custom REST API endpoints
- Option to set counts interval
- Excluding counts from visitors: bots, logged in users, selected user roles
- Excluding users by IPs
- Restricting display by user roles
- Restricting post views editing to admins
- One-click data import from WP-PostViews
- Sortable admin column
- Post views display position, automatic or manual via shortcode
- W3 Cache/WP SuperCache compatible
- Optional object cache support
- WPML and Polylang compatible
- .pot file for translations included
Feel free to contribute to the source code on the dFactory GitHub Repository.
- Install Post Views Counter either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Post Views Counter settings and set your options.
No questions yet.
I have using “Number of View” for more than 5 years. But then suddenly due to unsolveable problems I have to reinstall my WP. After installing – suddenly the “Number of View” plugin is no more working. I tried 2 different view counters, nothing works. Stop at 0 for days.
After looking around suddenly find this plugin and lo and behold, it works. Thank you very much. It is very flexible in placement and ability to count and do not count certain IP address. Excellent!
I first installed it just before a significant database change, one that found a conflict with Redis object caching. I submitted a support request on the dfactory website and after several days (plus a weekend), the plugin has been modified to account for object caching brilliantly. Can’t ask for more from a free plugin, and have seen worse support for paid plugins. 5 stars.
very nice plugin,highly recommended
It’s better than the wp_postview plugin.
thank you, please continue to maintain this plugin
I love this plugin, it’s easy to customise and and very light weight, recommended to anyone. I’ve tried many different ways to display page views, but this plug in is the best way I found.
Contributors & Developers
“Post Views Counter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix: Chart data not updating for object cached installs due to missing expire parameter
- Fix: Bug preventing hiding the counter based on user role.
- Fix: Undefined notice in the admin dashboard request
- Fix: Hardcoded post_views database table prefix
- New: REST API counter mode
- New: Adjust dashboard chart colors to admin color scheme
- Tweak: Dashboard chart query optimization
- Tweak: post_views database table optimization
- Tweak: Added plugin documentation link
- New: Advanced crawler detection
- Tweak: Chart.js script update to 2.4.0
- New: IP wildcard support
- Tweak: Delete post_views database table on deactivation
- Fix: Notice undefined variable: post_ids, thanks to zytzagoo
- Tweak: Switched translation files storage, from local to WP repository
- New: Option to display post views on select page types
- Tweak: Dashboard widget query optimization
- New: Dashboard post views stats widget
- Fix: A couple of typos in method names
- Fix: Dashicons link broken.
- Tweak: Confirmed WordPress 4.4 compatibility
- Fix: Duplicated views count in custom post types
- Fix: Exclude visitors checkboxes not working
- Fix: Most viewed posts widget broken
- Tweak: Enable edit views on new post.
- Tweak: Extend WP_Query post data with post_views
- New: Quick post views edit
- New: Bulk post views edit
- Tweak: Admin UI improvements
- New: Italian translation, thanks to Rene Querin
- New: French translation, thanks to Theophil Bethel
- New: Option to limit post views editing to admins only
- New: Spanish translation, thanks to Carlos Rodriguez
- New: Croation translation, thanks to Tomas Trkulja
- New: Possibility to manually set views count for each post
- New: Plugin development moved to dFactory GitHub Repository
- Tweak: Added number_format_i18n for displayed views count
- Tweak: Additional action hook for developers
- Fix: Possible issue with remove_post_views_count function
- New: Russian translation, thanks to moonkir
- Fix: Remove [post-views] shortcode from post excerpts if excerpt is empty
- Fix: Pluggable functions initialized too lately