Google Analytics is a great tool, but requires some technical capabilities to understand it. This plugin takes some very basic,
although important, data from Google Analytics (using the Google Analytics export API) and displays the information
on your blog/site to WP administrators or users if you assign them privileges to see it. The data provided by this plugin is:
- Average Time On Page
- Bounce Rate
- Exit Rate
- Referring Sites
Advanced form tracking capabilities include:
- Monitor your forms more closely
- See how long visitors are taking each step of your form
- See what visitors input into each form regardless of hitting submit
- Better understand form abandonment
This feature uses Google Analytics Event Tracking to store and retrieve data.
NOTE: This plugin does not install the default Google Analytics code on your site, you should already have that installed for this to work.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Download and unzip the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- After activation im getting an error stating that my settings are not set properly
Click “Settings” on the WordPress left navbar and select Onsite Google Analytics. From there enter your Google username, password, and profile ID
- On the Settings page, I can’t select my Google Analytics Profile ID
First enter your username and password and then click out of the password box and your Google Analytics profiles for the your username will populate.
Contributors & Developers
“Seoatl On Site Google Analytics” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
*Added advanced form tracking for all forms
*Now using Authsub tokens for secure authentication (no longer have to give the app your password)
*fixed object bug causing it break
- This is the first release.