Minification & concatenation of JS and CSS files can reduce the file size of your assets, and reduce the number of HTTP requests, helping improve page load times.
The plugin takes a manually defined list of script/style handles, and minifies and concatenates them into a single file which is then cached for future use.
- Minifies & concatenates scripts and styles loaded using the WordPress dependency enqueueing system.
- Handles scripts loaded in the header & footer.
- Complete control – only a manually defined list of files is processed.
- Multiple, independently processed files.
- Minified files are only loaded if at least one component file should be loaded.
- Compatable with localized scripts.
- Helper tool – displays a list of scripts and styles enqueued on each page on the front end of the site.
Install & Activate the plugin.
- Enable the plugin front end tool to check what scripts and styles are minified on each page.
- Copy the file handles you want to minify, and paste them into the minify queue textarea on the settings page.
- Save the settings and view the front end of your site. The processed files are generated on page load. Check that everything is working correctly.
- Uncheck the show helper option and save the settings again.
- Multiple, independantly proccessed files. You can specify several lists of file handles to be minified and concatenated into separate files. Useful if you have scripts that are loaded conditionally on certain pages and should be handled separately rather than minified and concatenated into one large file.
- Options can be defined in your config file. This then disables access to the settings page in the admin.
- Fatal error: Allowed memory size…
You have probably created an infinite loop when working out the order of depencies.
Files 1, 2 and 3 are enqueued. File 1 is a dependency of 2, which is a dependency of 3.
If only scripts 1 and 3 are minified and concatenated into 1 file, it will fail. This is because the processed file is now a dependency of file 2, but file 2 is also a dependency of it.
You must either process all files together, or process 1 and 3 in separately.
This software is dead and dangerous if you use it since it has not kept up with WordPress.
Works as expected and works well. For those whose themes aren’t properly concatenating and minifying scripts and stylesheets or with several plugins then this one if fantastic.
Contributors & Developers
“MinQueue” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix scripts loaded in the footer that are localized.
- Don’t make remote requests to the minifier.
- Works behind htaccess.
- Handle scripts enqueued after header scripts outputted.
- CSS files enqueued with media argument set to false should be treated proccessed alongside ‘all’