MashShare – The Social Media Ecosystem (Twitter counts supported)
A free Social Media Plugin, professional and highly customizable
ecosystem for social media sharing and optimizing of your valuable content.
Stop slowing down your website and prevent ranking loose.
Other social buttons are often using external scripts which are increasing loading times.
MashShare is using NO external script dependencies. All code is loaded directly from your website and MashShare ensures yours and your visitors privacy!
- New: Most Shared Posts Widget
- New: Async share count aggregation
- New: Dashboard for total share count on posts screen
- New: Short URL integration
- New: Support for Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) when using the official WordPress AMP plugin
It gives you per default a large total share counter beside three large
prominent Share Buttons for your Twitter tweets, Facebook share and the option
to place a prominent subscribe button for your news feed and mailing list.
This services are free per default including great support.
There is no need to create an account!
We also offer free Add-Ons for specifing social sharing image, title, description and twitter hashtags and think this is satisfying for most website owners who need a free and effective working social sharing solution.
If you need services like Whatsapp, Pinterest, Mail,
Print, Linkedin, Odnoklassniki etc., you get them on the Add-On Marketplace.
MashShare can also be used in conjunction with other third-party share buttons vendor!
Free and paid Add-Ons available for:
- More Social Share Buttons
- YouTube Video Share Popup
- Share Button Responsive
- Sticky Share bar
- Social Sharing Optimization
- Google Analytics
- and more…
Social Media Share Buttons
This Social Media share buttons plugin in active development and will be updated on a regular basis – Please do not rate negative before we tried to solve your issue.
- High Performance Social Media Icons – easy to use – Share Buttons for the most common networks
- High Resolution lossless vector font share button icons
- Show the Total Social Media Share count at a glance
- Object and transient caches to provide incredibly fast execution speed of Social Media Icons
- Extensible with many Add-Ons (Google Analytics, More Social Networks, Responsive, YouTube Video Share and more…)
- Developer friendly with several filters and actions.
- Highly customizable
- Smart (virtual) share count function. Add virtual shares to new articles. Use psychological aspects to increase real shares.
Recent Changes and New Features:
- Social Media Icons with Improved performance
- Option to disable Social Media share count completely (no sql queries will be generated any longer)
- Shortcode option to disable share counts
- Checking if curl is working on the server
- Option to disable share count cache for testing purposes
- Use of sharp and crisp clear font Social Media Icons instead Social Media Icons images
- Button ‘extra content’ for content slider subcribe forms or any other content New: Use a link for the Subscribe button instead the toggle drop down
- Complete rewrite of CSS for easier modifications
- Improved MashShare Social Media extension system
- Improved backend, new MashShare Social Media Add-On page
- Multi language capable, *.po files
- Change color of share counts via setting
- Count up animation for share buttons counts (Does not work for shortcodes and on blog pages)
- HTML5 Tag
aside> wrapped around to tell search engines that the share buttons are not part of the content
* Plus button moves to end of share buttons when activated and does not stay longer in place.
* Drag and drop sort order of share buttons services.
* Enable desired Social Media share buttons Icons with one click
* Choose which Social Media network should be visible all the time This ones will be large sized by default. Other Social Media networks are behind the plus sign
* Three different effective share button styles – Less is more here
* Choose border radius of the Social Media buttons
* Keep settings when share buttons are uninstalled – optional
* Custom CSS field for individual styling of the social media share buttons
Social Media Add-Ons available for
- Google / G+
- Whatsapp (Whatsapp button is shown only on mobile devices)
- Vk / VKontakte
- Frype / Draugiem
MashShare Social Media ecosystem is coded well and developed for high performance. It´s making full use of available persistant and non persistant caching techniques.
How fast is MashShare?
We published benchmarks of using MashShare compared with other plugins here:
[mashshare]anywhere in pages or post’s text to show the buttons and total share count wherever you like.
Share Buttons will be shown exactly on the place where you copy the shortcode in your content.
There are more parameters available:
- Embed Share Buttons in pages or posts:
- Buttons without sharecount:
- Sharecount only:
- Share buttons alignment:
[mashshare shares="false" buttons="true" align="left|right"]
- Shortcode in template files via php:
- Custom url:
Custom share text:
[mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
For manual insertion of the Share Buttons in your template files use the following php code on place you like to see the share buttons:
Configure the Share buttons sharing function in the settings page of the plugin.
- Change the color of MashShare count with setting option.
Full SEO third party plugin support
MashShare integrates with All in One SEO Pack and WordPress SEO by Yoast.
Any description and title which is defined in Yoast open graph settings will be used by MashShare Open Graph Settings
** GitHub **
Follow the development and improve MashShare.
You find us on GitHub at: https://github.com/mashshare/MashShare
** Languages **
MashShare has been translated into many languages:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Please help to translate the share button plugin into more languages:
How does it work?
MashShare makes use of public available API endpoints which are delivered by social networks. It periodically checks for the total count
of all your Facebook and Twitter shares and cumulates them. It than shows the total number beside the Share and Social Media Icons.
No need to embed dozens of external slow loading scripts into your website.
How to install and setup?
Install it via the admin dashboard and to ‘Plugins’, click ‘Add New’ and search the plugins for ‘MashShare’. Install the plugin with ‘Install Now’.
After installation goto the settings page Settings->MashShare and make your changes there.
Find here the Frequently Asked Questions. Also look into our docs which is often more up to date:
There are no social share buttons visible after updating or installing MashShare
This happens sometimes when you are using the MashShare Network Add-On which is disabled during update process or when your are updating from a very early MashShare version 1.x.
Solution: Disable MashShare Social Media Network Add-On and MashShare Core plugin. Enable first MashShare THAN the Social Media Network Add-On and all Social Media Share buttons become visible again. (Activating order is important here)
Why is the Social Media total count not shown immediately after sharing?
It takes some time for the script to detect the sharing. So wait a few minutes than you see the total calculated clicks. Keep also in mind the caching time you defined in the admin panel.
So when you set the plugin to 5minutes caching time. You have to wait at least for 5minutes until the click count is shown.
Do I need a MashShare account?
There is no account needed. All code resides on your website and there is no account or any monthly fee necessary to use MashShare.
Does this plugin sends any personal user data to you or to Facebook, Twitter etc.?
No, there is no personal data send to Facebook, Twitter, Google and other services. There is also no data which goes to MashShare that includes any IP or other data without your explicit grant.
The big advantage of using Mashare Share buttons is the independance in comparision to other plugins which creates steady connections to Facebook and Co.
So there is no IP based data send to the social networks or to sharedcount.
There is no need for you to make any manual changes. The plugin does everything for you. But if you are an experienced web-developer you are free to use the php function mashsharer(); in your templates.
Is there a shortcode for pages and posts?
Use the shortcode [mashshare] to embed the Share Buttons in pages or posts.
Why is Facebook sharing only the URL and not the title and description of my page?
You need to enable the open graph settings or install a plugin like yoast which injects open graph tags in your site
Read here more about this: http://docs.mashshare.net/article/10-facebook-is-showing-wrong-image-or-share-text
- Installation Instructions
- Download the share button plugin “MashShare” , unzip and place it in your wp-content/plugins/ folder. You can alternatively upload and install it via the WordPress plugin backend.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Select Plugins->MashShare
Good plugin with enough options to get you started
Simple to configure, looks good
Konačno 🙂 Biću iskren. Isprobao sam bezbroj plaginova sa temom “social”. Kod ovog sam se zaustavio na duži rok. Kreatori poznaju problematiku. Ako hoćete možete da vidite kako to izgleda na mom sajtu 🙂 www.mentalne-vestine.com
This plugin is really good 🙂
Funciona de maravilla, tiene bastantes opciones, no ralentiza el sitio, yo estoy en multisitio, lo recomiendo totalmente.
Contributors & Developers
“Social Media Share Buttons | MashShare” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Cleaning up readme.txt. MashShare plugin has been disabled on wordpress.org for using too many keywords and a few other issues with its readme.txt
- New: Google Analytics add-on allows to append utm_source tracking params for traffic tracking with google Analytics
- Fix: Pinterest and google plus share counts are not cummulated together with http/https option
- Fix: Remove admin notice if Facebook access token is empty
- Fix: Remove console.log test notice
- Fix: Check if multi_curl_exec is allowed
- Fix: Share count not incrementing if transient mashsb_limit_req expiration is not set. (Caused by Possible WP Bug or custom theme transient filter)
- Tweak: Use https endpoint for facebook sharing url
See release notes and complete changelog at: