Social Media Share Buttons for Twitter, Facebook and other social networks. Highly customizable Social Media ecosystem
MashShare - The Social Media Ecosystem (Twitter counts supported)
A free Social Media Plugin, professional and highly customizable
ecosystem for social media sharing and optimizing of your valuable content.
Stop slowing down your website and prevent ranking loose. Other social buttons are often using external scripts which are increasing loading times. MashShare is using NO external script dependencies. All code is loaded directly from your website and MashShare ensures yours and your visitors privacy!
- New: Most Shared Posts Widget
- New: Async share count aggregation
- New: Dashboard for total share count on posts screen
- New: Short URL integration
- New: Support for Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) when using the official WordPress AMP plugin
It gives you per default a large total share counter beside three large prominent Share Buttons for your Twitter tweets, Facebook share and the option
to place a prominent subscribe button for your news feed and mailing list. This services are free per default including great support. There is no need to create an account!
We also offer free Add-Ons for specifing social sharing image, title, description and twitter hashtags and think this is satisfying for most website owners who need a free and effective working social sharing solution.
If you need services like Whatsapp, Pinterest, Mail,
Print, Linkedin, Odnoklassniki etc., you get them on the Add-On Marketplace.
MashShare can also be used in conjunction with other third-party share buttons vendor!
Free and paid Add-Ons available:
- More Social Share Buttons
- YouTube Video Share Popup
- Share Button Responsive
- Sticky Share bar
- Social Sharing Optimization
- Google Analytics
- and more...
This Social Media share button plugin is in active development and will be updated on a regular basis - Please do not rate negative before we tried to solve your issue.
New Version 2.x
Social Media Add-Ons available for
How proven fast is MashShare?
This are a few example metrics from the P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) plugin, using WP Test Data, and the default settings of several popular plugins, along with the WordPress Core and Twenty Fourteen theme for reference purposes compared with MashShare Social Media Icons: Thanks to [JS Morisset](https://profiles.wordpress.org/jsmoriss/ "Social Sharing benchmark") for the idea of creating a common list of benchmarked plugins
- 0.0166 secs - MashShare Social Media Icons SEO Share Buttons v2.1.2 (no Add-Ons)
- 0.0174 secs - Facebook v1.5.5
- 0.0176 secs - WPSSO Social Sharing Buttons (SSB) v1.0.10 + WPSSO
- 0.0181 secs - MailPoet Newsletters (aka Wysija Newsletters) v2.6.11
- 0.0125 secs - ShareThis v7.0.17
- 0.0140 secs - AddThis Social Bookmarking Widget v3.5.10
- 0.0150 secs - WPSSO Social Sharing Buttons (SSB) v1.0.9
- 0.0170 secs - Digg Digg v5.3.6
- 0.0181 secs - Facebook v1.5.5 (Provides Only Facebook Buttons)
- 0.0258 secs - All in One SEO Pack v126.96.36.199
- 0.0293 secs - JetPack by WordPress.com v2.9.2 ()
- 0.0342 secs - WP e-Commerce v188.8.131.52 (No Products)
- 0.0348 secs - WordPress Social Sharing Optimization (WPSSO) v2.6.8
- 0.0416 secs - WordPress SEO by Yoast v1.6.3
- 0.0457 secs - NextGEN Facebook (NGFB) v184.108.40.206
- 0.0730 secs - MarketPress Lite - WordPress eCommerce v220.127.116.11 (No Products)
- 0.0749 secs - bbPress v2.5.4 (No Forums or Topics)
- 0.0800 secs - Easy Digital Downloads v2.1.5 (No Products - no Add-Ons)
- 0.0924 secs - WordPress Twenty Fourteen Theme v1.1
- 0.1003 secs - SEO Ultimate v18.104.22.168
- 0.1021 secs - WooCommerce v2.2.6 (No Products)
- 0.1092 secs - WordPress Core v4.0.0
- 0.1404 secs - BuddyPress v2.1.1 (No Activities)
- 0.1404 secs - NextGEN Gallery by Photocrati v22.214.171.124 (No Galleries or Images)
- 0.0096 secs - Share Buttons by AddToAny v1.3.4
- 0.0096 secs - SumoMe v1.1.0
- 0.0232 secs - Shareaholic | share buttons, analytics, related content v126.96.36.199
This Benchmarks were executed on Intel i5 2.3Ghz, 8GB DDR3, using an APC opcode/object cache without any DB or file Cache Plugin like W3Total, WordPress v4.0, and P3 v1.5.2 ( Attempt to disable opcode optimizers - Otherwise some plugins can not be tested) and in manual mode to make sure that for every plugin the same page is loaded. Automatic excecution of P3 would randomly load WordPress pages which is inaccurate for testing on same conditions. All plugins were benchmarked on sepearate instances with no other plugins enabled. The benchmarks were runned a few times to make sure that any internal plugin caching function is fired. E.g. MashShare gets only really fast after second load of a page because the sharecount must be returned from external service first and than stored into internal object cache. This benchmarks give only a vast overview of performance differences and results will vary on other WordPress installations depending on different hardware and software configurations.Please note: For this test the P3 Option 'Attempt to disable opcode optimizers' is enabled (Otherwise some plugin benchmarks returns no benchmark times ). So real execution time of every single Plugin is faster (probaby with a similar factor for all benchmarked plugins) but can not be measured exactely with my testing environment.
[mashshare]anywhere in pages or post's text to show the buttons and total share count wherever you like. Share Buttons will be shown exactly on the place where you copy the shortcode in your content.
There are more parameters available:
Embed Share Buttons in pages or posts:
Buttons without sharecount:
Share buttons alignment:
[mashshare shares="false" buttons="true" align="left|right"]
Shortcode in template files via php:
Custom share text:
[mashshare text="This is my custom share text"]
echo do_shortcode('[mashshare]');Configure the Share buttons sharing function in the settings page of the plugin.
** GitHub ** Follow the development and improve MashShare. You find us on GitHub at: https://github.com/mashshare/MashShare
** Languages **
MashShare has been translated into the following languages:
Would you like to help translate the share button plugin into more languages? Join our Transifex Translation Team.
MashShare makes use of the webservice sharedcount.com and periodically checks for the total count of all your Facebook and Twitter shares and cumulates them. It than shows the total number beside the Share buttons and Social Media Icons. No need to embed dozens of external slow loading scripts into your website.
Install it via the admin dashboard and to 'Plugins', click 'Add New' and search the plugins for 'MashShare'. Install the plugin with 'Install Now'. After installation goto the settings page Settings->MashShare and make your changes there.
Requires: 3.6+ or higher
Compatible up to: 4.7
Last Updated: 11 hours ago
Active Installs: 40,000+
19 of 26 support threads in the last two months have been marked resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?