A lot of people, like me, miss the WordPress.com Stats standalone plugin and only wants this part of Jetpack.
This plugins completely removes all modules from Jetpack except for Stats and WP.me Shortlinks modules, this means that all other modules are not loaded by Jetpack in any way, saving memory and resources in your WordPress and leaving Jetpack only with the same features of WordPress.com Stats plugin that sadly was discontinued long time ago and replaced by Jetpack by WordPress.com
- Before asking for support read completely readme file, FAQ, changelogs and previous resolved threads or your support thread will be ignored.
- Keep in mind that you’re then only one responsible of your WordPress installation, no one forces you to use this plugin. You’re the responsible of having a backup of your site or a way to roll back if needed after installing/upgrading this plugin. If it doesn’t suit your needs, don’t use it. I’m not responsible in any way of how the plugin runs on your site or the issues you can have using it. This plugin is provided “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY.
- Don’t use any thread marked as resolved or created for a different issue for asking support.
- Be kind and respectful when asking for support or you’ll be ignored.
- Automatically stops Jetpack from use system resources for modules that you don’t want to use, because simply Jetpack don’t know they exists!
- Only Stats and Shortlinks modules will be available for Jetpack
- WordPress version required by Jetpack.
- Is this plugin an official release from Automattic or WordPress.com?
NO. Jepack Lite IS NOT an official plugin by Automattic or WordPress.com
- Why Jetpack Lite 3.x needs Jetpack to be installed?
When I created Jetpack Lite years ago, I did it as fork of Jetpack only because no other method to do was available at that moment.
Fortunately, since some time Jetpack can be trimmed down without the need of making a fork. That’s why I changed the way Jetpack Lite do the work. In fact, now, Jetpack Lite doesn’t use any resource, it simply says to Jetpack to only load the Stats and Shorlinks modules, so the other modules won’t load or consume any resource in your WordPress.
This way is much better, because now you don’t need to wait for me to update a whole new plugin when a new Jetpack gets published.
So now when Jetpack core or Stats and Shortlink modules are improved by Automattic, you’ll get that just by upgrading Jetpack while keeping the reduction of Jetpack resources usage.
Believe me, this way is much better than before, and maybe I’ll add some other improvements in the future. But you’re free to use Jetpack Lite 2.x if you don’t like the new way Jetpack Lite works.
Este plugin debemos usarlo todos para nuestro blogs ya lo uso en algún blog.
Estoy por instalarlo en uno que estoy haciendo ahora
- Added admin notice if Jetpack is not present, to make even more clear that from now on you must install Jetpack too.
- Disabled check for active Jetpack due to seems that some people have issues with this (with no logical explain for the moment…)
- Totally changed the plugin code philosophy. Now this’s a Jetpack addon and not a standalone plugin. Now you must install Jetpack to use Jetpack Lite.
- Fixed PHP Fatal error caused by class.jetpack-heartbeat.php described here: https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/753642
- Based on Jetpack by WordPress.com 2.3.4. BIG (recommended) update! This adds several improvements to stats and connection, including a debugger to debug connection issues.
- Moved new Debugger to Tools menu (because as you know in Jetpack Lite there’s not Jetpack menu).
- Based on Jetpack by WordPress.com 2.1.2
- Upgrading to this base allows to view stats from apps (problem described here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/iphone-wordpress-app-wants-stats-ver-182 )
- Maintained stats widget from Jetpack per user request https://wordpress.org/support/topic/most-viewed-posts-and-pages-widget
- Based on Jetpack by WordPress.com 1.7
- Fixed problem with Akismet submenu. If Akismet is present Jetpack Lite will add standard Akismet access (the same provided with Akismet when no Jetpack is present).
- Fixed main file. Uploaded a test one by error. Sorry!
- Based on Jetpack by WordPress.com 1.2.1
- Changed version number to match with the original plugin to make more easy to identify modified original version.
- Removed or changed Automattic cosmetic stuff (removed Automattic logo, changed support links…) to make even more clear that this is not an official Automattic plugin and is not supported by them.
- Removed Jetpack menu and moved site stats access to dashboard menu and Jetpack Lite settings to settings menu.
- Initial release based on Jetpack by WordPress.com 1.1.3