This plugin improves the gallery template by making the following tweaks:
- Puts all the gallery css in a separte file, for easy customisation and faster page load.
- Adds an id attribute to the code, so that two or more galleries can have a different number of columns and still display correctly on the same page.
- Unzip “Improved Gallery” archive and put the folder into your “plugins” folder (
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins admin menu.
If you want to make it even easier to edit your gallery style, you can do this:
- Copy the styles from ‘gallery-style.css’ into the main ‘style.css’ file in your theme (
improved-gallery.phpand delete or comment out this line, like so:
// add_action(‘template_redirect’, ‘improved_gallery_stylesheet’);
Contributors & Developers
“Improved Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- WP 2.8 compatibility
- initial release
- more info