Braintree Payments is a payment gateway provider owned by eBAY Inc, which allows you to proces credit card payments without the need for a bank merchant account and full PCI-compliance. No sensitive data such as credit card numbers are stored on your server, Braintree takes care of everything.
Requires at least WordPress 3.8 and Gravity Forms 1.8
There are just a few simple steps to begin leveraging your Braintree Payments account:
- Install Gravity Forms Braintree Add-On
- Go to the Form Settings page for the form you wish to create a Braintree feed on
- You will be prompted to configure your Braintree settings. Click the link provided to do so.
- Once you have configured your Braintree settings, return to the Form Settings page and follow the prompts.
- Seamlessly integrates your Gravity Forms credit card forms with Braintree Payments
- Supports both production and sandbox environments, enabling you to test payments before going live
- Form entries will only be created when payment is successful
- Quick and easy setup
If you have found this plugin useful, consider taking a moment to rate it, or perhaps even a small donation.
- Upload the
gravity-forms-braintreefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to the Form you wish to setup with a Braintree feed.
- Under Form Settings, choose the Braintree option.
- What type of Braintree payments can be accepted?
For this early version, only one off payments can be accepted. Subscriptions will be available in version 1.1
- Can I use conditional logic? EG, I only want to register a user if the Braintree payment was successful
In version 1.0, no. This is planned for version 1.2, coming very soon
- Does this plugin support Braintree subscriptions?
Not currently, no. This will be released very shortly in version 1.1
- Available filters and actions
No filters are currently available for this pre-release version
This plugin used to work for a short time in fall 2015. But shortly after Gravity Forms was upgraded it stopped working. It appears the Add On is no longer supported and has not had any modifications or updates to keep it functional. What is worse is that it did not show any actually error messages about payments and DID allow people to submit the form and THINK they were paying online. But no transaction happened at all, so the payment was totally lost and we did not find that out until it was too late. According to Braintree they seem to be encouraging people to use a WooCommerce enabled plugin instead.
Broken. Took my site down when I upgraded gravity forms. Had to disable my payment page, which in retrospect was stupid to base around a plugin that I have no control over.
Will happily remove this if and when the dev fixes the plugin.
Fatal error: Access level to Plugify_GForm_Braintree::authorize() must be public (as in class GFPaymentAddOn) in /home/philadev/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravity-forms-braintree/lib/class.plugify-gform-braintree.php on line 311
Will be happy to change my review when it is fixed. Apparently a new Dev has taken it over, but as things stand it is completely broken and has not been updated since late last year. I don’t even have access to the Braintree options.
Gravity Forms v1.9.19
This plugin was very easy to install and setup. The settings are easily entered under the initial form settings. It does take an extra few steps to add a Braintree “feed” to each of your forms, but each one took only a few seconds to activating.
The main reason it does not get 5 stars is because it is lacking an important modern requirement for most merchants – AVS and Email Receipt support. Basically, the plugin does not pass the email address and billing zip code with the transaction at all, so if you have AVS and Email Receipts turned on in your Braintree account – it will fail / decline the payments with a generic error. I really hope the new version 1.2 comes out soon and supports zip code and email address fields in the data it passes to Braintree.
Contributors & Developers
“Gravity Forms Braintree Add-On” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Internal maintenance release. Version 1.2 is coming soon and it’s going to be big!
- Dashes and spaces are now removed from credit card number before sending to Braintree
- Fixed bug causing automatic settlement submission to fail
- Updated to latest Gravity Forms payment framework
- Added authorization validation. Form entries will no longer validate unless the payment has succeeded
- Payment information now displays on the entry page
- Stricter settings validation
- Fixed bug causing inactive feeds to process
- Most of plugin functionality
- Initial version of the plugin